About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 30 March 2013

Vintage

Good Morning All
Allsorts challenge theme this week is 'Vintage',  now this is out of the box for me, I really had to think about this one and this is what I came up with.  I thought a fan is old fashioned and ladies used to crochet to pass the time and they wore pearls and feathers.  I distressed all the papers to  look aged.
The fan is an image from Lilac Garden
Homemade pin and crochet hearts with pearl
Memory Box Swirl diecut
I inked all the edges of papers and card and images with my one and only Tim Holtz Distress ink and a brown ink I have had for years
Pearls and lace and feathers added

Sponsor this week is 'Lots of Buttons'
Have lots of fun with the challenge this week.                                  

xxxxx
Wendy L





CHALLENGES --------
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge # 200 - Mothers Day/ Female
Charisma Cardz # 12 - Happy Birthday
Happy Campers # 13 - Add Dimension
Paper Crafting Journey - Ribbon or Lace
Rhedd & Rosie Challenge # 3 - Vintage/Shabby
LEJ Designs # 46 - Vintage or Retro

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card love all the elements Ginny x

Sarah said...

Beautiful details on your card Wendy, love the crochet and the pretty fan. Hope you have a lovely Easter x

Miradormakings said...

This is lovely Wendy and the colours are gorgeous.

Joan x

Craftnut said...

Beautiful card Wendy and I like your crochet heart. Tracy xx

brenda said...

That crochet embellishment is gorgeous Wendy and I can tell from your post you really put a lot of thought into capturing the era.

Hope you have a lovely Easter.

B x

Doreen said...

This is beautiful...gorgeous papers.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Wendy. I love the colours and wonderful detailing - especially your crochet heart.
Sue xx

Atty Fatty said...

gorgeous ...!!!
lovely crochet heart
cute lil embells .. pretty good idea of d beads :)
<3 d lace n feather

^_^

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie, this is absolutley amazing,have a great weekend huggles Pops x x x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous vintage card Wendy. I love all the embellies.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

catherine said...

This is just beautiful Wendy and perfect for my challenge this week at Allsorts. Have a good trip
x catherine

Tracy said...

Hi Wendy
Gorgeous creation, love all your details and colours too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering our retro/vintage theme over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog.
What a gorgeous fun colourful vintage card. I love all the 3D embellishments. What a very unique card.
I hope you will play along with us again.
Hugs Lisa xxxxx LEJ DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful vintage card, love all the details (great pin)! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

Zoe said...

Hi Wendy, such a pretty card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun Zoe DT xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Lovely!
Thanks for joining us at charisma!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the paper and all the elemants you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog. Hope we see your work again.

Moira DT

carol said...

hello..fab vintage card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFT this week, Happy Easter x carol

Tina said...

simpply lovely! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies. Hugs Tina x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels