About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 7 March 2013

Recycled


Good Morning All
I would love to know if or how you all recycle used cards.  Last year it was my OH 60th birthday so you can imagine he received some lovely cards.  As you know, I hate throwing anything away, and some of my neighbours give me their old birthday and Christmas cards to re-use.  Anyway, this card I am showing you today, was given by John next door and you can see the original card here John Next Door.  Please hop over and have a look as John is quite new to blogging!!!
This is what I made with the card.
 I wanted to make a card for one of my Brother in Laws and I needed to keep it quite flat for posting.  So, basically, I cut the card down and took off some of the embellishments.
This is what I added to the inside, as my BIL was retiring from wagon driving.
                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With cards that I cannot use anything from, I will just use the plain side of the card for matting and layering or die cutting shapes from,' waste not want not ' is my motto.

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you do with used cards.  I shall look forward to reading what you all have to say.  Infact, as I sit here thinking about this post, I will send some crocheted flowers and hearts to the one that I think is the most useful or inventive!!!!

xxxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ------
Sarah Hurley - Recycle
Anything Goes # 87  - Make it Manly
 

9 comments:

Sonia said...

Just lovely project dear Wendy^_^
Beautiful image and colors used^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Unknown said...

This is lovely Wendy. I like to recycle items to,at christmas I saved the ribbon off of pj's lol.

Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for an award you can visit me to find out more http://traceyscornercards.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

Happy crafting
Tracey

Miradormakings said...

Great idea Wendy, especially over here in Spain where craft stuff is hard to get hold of. We have had rain and wind for the past 3 days and i am getting bored with it now.

Joan x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Wendy, a great bit of recycling.

Sue xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant shaped car I have a lot of card bits I keep them in folders and uses them for layering Ginny x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Hi Wendy I love your recycled card I bet your brother in law will too xx

I punch flowers stars etc from the glittery bits on cards, I use my nesties to cut around images, I pull ribbons and bows off, I cut around sentiments, retype verses and use the backs of cards to stick my thinner patterned papers on to make them strong enough to punch or emboss.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant recycled card...x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
C xx

fatmonica said...

It's a great bit of recycling!Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels