About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 5 March 2013

No Image Card

Good Afternoon All
I have, I think, done what I call, a messy card.
I love this type of card when I see them on other blogs but I find it quite hard as I like everything symetrical, if I but a gem on one corner, I have to put one on the other corner to balance it all out.  The little fairy charm is from our local China shop (there will be similar in my candy).  Homemade quilled flowers, crochet flower and bead pin.  The lace paper border has been in my stash forever.  Butterflies are Marianne and the leaves are Crealies.
What a miserable day here today, I came downstairs this morning to see this outside our kitchen window ------------




It had been raining through the night and it must have brought half the desert with it, everything was covered and wet and yukky.  So once I had had brekky I get my mop bucket and go outside to clear it up.  The, after lunch it flippin' well did it again, not quite as bad, but bad enough.  Hope it is nice wherever you are.
xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES --------
Cuttlebug Mania - Butterflies
Crafty Bloggers Challenge 9 - Pastel colours
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
 Heck of a Challenge --Spring/Butterflies & Pearls
Oldie but Goodie - Feeling floral (white paper lace on edges)
 Glitter & Sparkle # 22 - Mums day or Lady


20 comments:

Jannie said...

Sorry to hear about the weather! The sun has been shining here in The Netherlands YEAH.

Love your card and the use of your butterflies!!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Analia Cristina said...

Beautiful card,I love this flowers!

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the pretty flowers.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Wow the weather is quite different over there, never heard of rain making a mess like that! I love your card, it is gorgeous!!! I especially like the cochet flower and fairy!! We must be on the same wave length , I have a post done up for the morning with pretty much the same title! "Easter Card without Image".. hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy, how have I missed so many posts since Saturday? Such pretty cards I've missed! Love the crochet hearts and flowers.

Hope the weather picks up for you!
x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love all the detailing and wonderful crochet design.
Sue xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

A card with no image? Heck I would struggle with that! But your card is just lovely! Thank you so much for yur kind words on my Blog today. Judy x

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy this is a lovely card, and well done on trying something that is not usually what you do. I often challenge myself to do this too, and see many style that I just cannot manage.
Beautiful colours and texture.


Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network challenge.
Claire x
(DT member)

Kerry said...

Really pretty card, so much detail. Thank you for joining in with our first ever challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

Janet - aka stacky said...

No not messy at all love all the details on it I know what you mean about symmetrical I am the same xx
Nearly Hollie cuddle time xx

besitos said...

Gorgeous card! Love the detail, the butterflies are gorgeous and the colours are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week :) xx -Paula DT

Miradormakings said...

Great card Wendy i also struggle with certain types of cards i love them but cant seem to manage some styles.

Joan x

Toni Herron said...

Wow.. Great card!! Love all the elements, especially the flower cluster!
Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle!
Toni - DT

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and love the quilled and the crochet flowers.

Sylvia xx
Crafty Bloggers Network Design Team Member

craftygranny said...

This is gorgeous well done hun and fab colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Deneen said...

What a great card, I love the frame you used and the fancy butterflies. Thanks for joining the Butterfly Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Lady E said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers! Thank you for joining us at Heck of a challenge :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining in with my 'Feeling Floral' challenge over at Oldie but a Goodie!
Helen x

Unknown said...

What a really pretty card - thanks for playing along at a Heck of a challenge xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels