About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 1 March 2013

Paintbox Poppet

Good Afternoon All

A fairly simple card from me today but I think it is very pretty.
It is decoupage from Crafters Companion ' Paintbox Poppets', they are such sweet images.  I have layered it on pink and blue card, freebie sentiment ( from Nettys Cards ) and a feather and afew pearls. 
My butterfly I made myself as shown here.

 I have used a thick crepe paper in pale blue, cut into the general shape of a butterfly, wrapped fine wire round it, added antennae (is that how you spell it?) Then added a large gem for the body.
 xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ------
Flutterby Wednesday # 229 - Layers
City Crafter # 148 - Wings of an Angel
Whoopsi Daisy - Add a Sentiment
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Ladybug Challenge - March - Use blue
 

19 comments:

brenda said...

They are sweet images Wendy and it's reminded me I have some in rubber somewhere. Lovely idea for the butterfly.

Have a good weekend,

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a beautiful card Ginny x

pam said...

beautiful card Wendy, love this image and a fab design..pam

Loves Happy Hour said...

Too cute!! Love the details!! Great job!!

Janet - aka stacky said...

Hello Wendy I think your card is so pretty the image is very sweet and I love your hand made butterflies. I hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Lorraine said...

Lovely card Wendy. The decoupaged image looks fab and your little butterflies are gorgeous.
Lorraine x

ALI said...

Lovely card Wendy, love the image and the butterfly is very clever.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Wendy. I love the decoupaged image and your butterfly is beautiful.
Sue xx

Lozzy said...

Beautiful card Wendy. The image is so sweet. Love your design and how you made the butterflies.
Lozzy xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Wendy and love your butterflies.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Wendy xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is super sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Annette said...

Love it Wendy. Love how you did the butterfly. Thanks so much for your message today, and I'm so glad that you're making some use from my sentiments. Have a fab weekend.
Annette
xx

Ros Crawford said...

How very lovely this is ... your butterfly is pretty! Many thanks for playing at CCCB!!

Miradormakings said...

I love the paintbox poppets too Wendy and your butterfly's are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Joan x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the Paintbox Poppet images.

Your butterfly looks fab!
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image and card!! I love your butterflies too :-) Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. I love your butterflies.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels