About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 8 March 2013

Butterflies

Good Afternoon All
Believe it or not but I actually knitted a scarf last night.




I had some wool that I bought ages ago and showed it on a card on my blog  and then I saw the same wool being used on Create & Craft to knit a scarf.  So I rooted the wool out and decided to go and try to buy some more, but as you might expect, after all this time, they did not have the same type so I bought this, it is shades of purple through to grey and nearly black.  It was not quite the same type but similar.  So I started last night and got it finished as were up very late watching TV - we bought a Media Box and have been watching 'Homelands' and are addicted.
Let me know what you think.  This is one Christmas present ready to go in my box.
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is what it looks like and you knit it through the loops at the top so that the fatter bit hangs down to make the layers on the scarf.

CHALLENGES ----
Kaboodle Doodles # 161 - Anything but a card
    Ends 11th Mar
Floral Fantasies - Celebration  Brenda is such inspiration
 


And of course, there was that very small piece left so I made a card using it.
I have a few of these base cards ready to use.  When my scrap boxes get full, I use the bits to make a background.  The purple butterfly is from Lilac Garden and I used a piece of white card I had embossed.  I went to my nearest craft shop yesterday and I am 'in love' with 'Liquid Pearls' so this is on the corners.  Ollie (craft shop owner) showed me how to make pearls by putting it on acetate and then lifting them off to use individually.  I will definitely have to get more colours.




As we are having our usual Saturday night tonight for some reason, this means that OH will be in the kitchen and I will be in the living room with the TV control - yippee.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Wendy L
CHALLENGES--------
The Ribbon Reel # 48 - Elegance photo
The Ribbon Girl - March card challenge
Flutterby Wednesday # 230 - Open
Cuttlebug Mania - Butterflies  Used Embossing folder to emboss white card
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
   

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you are so brilliant to use the left over piece on your beautiful card!!!! I make these scarves and thought about using it on a card but didn't have any idea how to...now I do!!! Thank you so much!!!! hugs

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super card wendy ... love the colours ... my dear sister makes these little scarves ... maybe I will ask her if she has any wool left over for a card lol ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Miradormakings said...

Love the scarf and the card Wendy its a fabulous colour.

Joan x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the colours and pretty butterflies.
Your scarf looks gorgeous too, a fabulous colour.
Lorraine x

Kerry said...

Lovely card and great scarf too. Thank you for joining in with our first ever challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

ALI said...

The scarf looks great and I love how it looks on your card.

Lozzy said...

Wow Wendy your scarf look amazing. The colours are gorgeous and what a great idea to put some on your gorgeous card. Love the colours of your card too
Lozzy xx

Rossella said...

What lovely colours on the scarf. Very pretty card too
Rosie x

John Lockwood said...

Love the scarf, can I see it on sundayand can you teach me to knit!?! John x

Craftnut said...

I've made quite a few of these for presents, satisfying to make x

pam said...

brilliant scarf Wendy, great idea to use the leftover on card, fabulous..pam

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful use of left over wool brilliant Ginny x

brenda said...

I always love watching them make these lovely scarves on C&C Wendy and love the colours of yours and genius idea to use a piece on your.

You don't mention which is for my blog celebration, but thank you anyhow for joining in the fun.

B x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Wendy, love the use of the left over wool, what a great detail..beautiful butterflies and love the embossed panel...gorgeous scarf too..
Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesdays..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

GOrgeous scarf I love this wool we have this wool in the shop where I work too! LOVE the colour and love your card too! xx

Deneen said...

What a creative use for a bit of leftover wool!! Your card turned out great, I love the butterflies. Thanks for joining the Butterfly Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels