About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 9 March 2013

In Love

Good Afternoon All
I told you the other day that I had been to my local craft shop and bought some Liquid Pearls and how much I loved them.  At the same time I bought two Cheery Lynn Dies 'Roses', both medium and small and I love love love them.  Here is a card I HAD to make to use some of them.
I used one of my 36cm pieces of card folded at 12cm intervals to make an easel style.  The tags are from Astrid, she has lots of freebie designs here.  The corners are from Cheery Lynn too.  Stamped sentiment onto scalloped circle with liquid pearls around it.


Close up of the flowers, some I added a pearl in the centre and others I used the Liquid Pearl.




The thing I love about these dies is, you can make the flowers as closed or open as you like.






These are a few that I have made and you get the star shaped bit to use as the base of the flower.
They cut separately so you can build the flowers with as many layers as you wish and I mix both sizes.

  I just love these,as you know if you are a regular follower, I just love making flowers.  I sat there last night with my craft tray on my lap and made loads in different colours, mostly I used pearlised paper which has been  in my stash forever (at least 5 years), but I did make a few with plain white textured paper that I can ink in different colours to match other embellishments I am using.
xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ------
Cheery Lynn # 70 - Doily
Oldie but a  Goodie - Feeling Floral
By the Cute & Girly - Favourite Things
Card Crafters Circle # 65 - Vintage Flair
Clearly Inspired # 70 - Die cuts
   

14 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the colours and your flowers look wonderful.

Sue xx

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, Wendy and gorgeous flowers. We are happy you are enjoying your rose dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the colours and the flowers look fabulous.
Lorraine x

Rossella said...

You are clearly enjoying making those lovely flowers, a little bit of spring for us over here
Rosie x

pam said...

beautiful card wendy, love those flowers and fab colours ..pam

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card and flowers Ginny x

Jenée said...

Beautiful card. I so like those roses you've added (may have to look into those dies myself). Thank you for joining in this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

Joann said...

Beautiful card and you did a great job with your flowers. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous job on the card and love how you have used the Rose dies.. If you love those flower dies you should try the new daisy strip. Thank you for joining us over on Cheery Lynn really hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Tamara

Janice said...

Well I'm lovin your card and those gorgeous flowers. How lovely they are, and not too big either, just perfect I'd saw. Really great to have you join us at an OBAG, Jx

Sonia said...

This is also a fabulous card,I adore your beautiful little flowers^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is so beautiful Wendy I have these rose dies too, the flowers you made with them are gorgeous x

Miradormakings said...

Ooooooh lovely card Wendy and I am loving those flowers, have taken note of the dies you have used.

Joan x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining in with my 'Feeling Floral' challenge over at Oldie but a Goodie!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels