About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 18 July 2018

My Persoanl Junk Journal

Good Morning All

I made an altered book Junk Journal following Craftyirenas You Tube video a good while ago.
And just lately I have been watching ArtyMaze, Joanna Clough and Yvonne Preston , so I decided to try and complete it bit by bit, page by page.
Joanna Clough is doing a great series of videos on how she fills in her journals, very interesting and very random.

So yesterday I decorated the front and back.



I first covered the whole outside in brown felt.
I used  a large cream doily.
A vintage image of a lady.
The watch face and the heart were gifted to me in a swap.

I stuck a small doily with a gem over where the ribbon and lace closure is.


This is the spine with afew dangle charms and glass beads.






I am going to do each page as I want to write in them.






So this is the inside cover.
It really is going to be made from junk and scraps.

This tag is a piece left over from  when i was using JND Media plates, I used to run the brayer over.


I made a tuck from a couple of pieces of patterned Mirri card and a piece of the doily used for the front cover



I cut these two cups and saucers from a scrap and glued to hide the title of the book I used.





The card is from a swap, which I thought was pretty.
The lady wrote inside it and I wanted to keep that and be able to read it so I tied it to the spine with twine.



As the pages of the book are glued as per Craftyirenas video, there are tucks spots in between each one.


I covered this page with scraps of nice paper from my rubbish bag.

I used the blue piece as it was larger, as a fold-over for more private thoughts.

I cut words out that I glued on as part of my writing.


I,m hoping this will help me put things down on paper and out of my head.

xxxxxx
Wendy L

7 comments:

Val Jones said...

Very pretty Wendy. A lot of work but well worth it.
Love Valx

brenda said...

Something different doing a journal Wendy and what a great start you have made. look forward to seeing more.

B x

Doreen said...

Very pretty,love the lace.xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful journal book Wendy, pretty lace and layout x

Alison59 said...

WOW that's something special Wendy :-)

karenlotty said...

Clever Very clever A great way of using scraps
I loved Amanda’s card too

Littlelamb said...

Very pretty Wendy. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels