About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 19 May 2013

Sunday Mojo No.11

Good Morning All
It was John Next Doors turn to produce some goodies to play with and here they are.


A 12 x 12 sheet of Core-dinations, patterned paper, ribbon, rope, gems and a card tube which I have cut into 3 on this pic, (I only just remembered in time to photograph the goodies).




Here is what I came up with -------



I painted the tubes with Acrylic paint in different shades of brown, even though 2 of them look the same colour.


I used some Docrafts paper from a goodie bag last year to make some flowers using Marianne dies.




Also put some on the base which is a very sturdy piece of cardboard, inked around the edges, matted and layered with brown card and paper.



Tied ribbon around two of the tubes.






                                                              I used a X Cut  punch to make an border on the paper and wrapped around the top of two of the tubes.                                  
I then  decorated up with strips of  Coredinations card, gems in the flower centres.  And I even cut the edge from the paper which said 28th Street market, which I thought looked good.  I tied the rope into knots and stuck on the corner of the base.  
Just think what  you could do with things like this.  You could paint the tubes in any colour, to suit your partners desk, or have them in your craft room to hold your pens/pencils etc, in the kids room, suggestions go on and on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wendy L      

CHALLENGES 
One Stop Crafts # 229 - Anything Goes 
Crafty Catz - 3.2.1 - 3 tubes, 2 bows, 1 desk tidy
Sanys Crafty Creations - Anything Goes with twist flowers
Sparkle Monthly Challenge # 44 - Mono
Fab & Funky # 171 - Fave Embellishment ----  Flowers
Marianne Design Divas - Get your Dies out  Flower dies LR0106 and LR 0107

26 comments:

Alessandra said...

que lindo , bjs

Rossella said...

Good morning, Wendy,
Great project
Rosie x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous project Ginny x

Katya- Ангел в кедах said...

Fabulous idea!!!

Shirley said...

What great use of recycled items. This turned out beautfiully! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Sonia said...

Stunning creation my sweet friend:) Really gorgeous papers and colors used:))
You are very talented:))
Big hug,
Sonia

Sue said...

WOW! You are so creative Wendy, this looks fabulous!
Sue xx

Miradormakings said...

This is great Wendy and very useful too.

Joan x

chillin with Quillin said...

nice idea recycling tubes, there beautiful !!!!
Paula

Lorraine said...

A fabulous project Wendy. The papers and embellies look so pretty.
Lorraine x

Ita said...

Fantastic results, the paper is very nice and i love what you did with the twine.
Smiles
Ita

pam said...

brilliant project Wendy, love the papers and embellishments
pam

Janet - aka stacky said...

How clever of you Wendy your creation is FANTASTIC so creative xx

Kathy D. said...

Aren't you clever!! Beautiful.

Just a reminder!
Clearly Digi Stamps Blog Hop Today and Freebie images every Sun and Thursday this month. (actually 2 Freebies right now till Monday....they are cute!!)
See you there!
http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/

Kathy D.
Clearly Digi Stamps DT Member

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

Such a functional addition to any home! I like it very much!

Sandy Ang said...

wow ! such a fab recycled project !

Wendy said...

Fabulous creation Wendy....Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Pia S said...

These tubes are beautifully decorated! Great choice of papers and embellishments!

cebelica said...

... and I keep tossing toilet paper rolls away. I love your project. Such a fab design and perfect colours. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Fabulous altered recycled project! So pretty! And I love all the flowers! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Blankina said...

Hi Wendy!!
Wow what a great project..it is so lovely to see you at MARIANNE DESIGN DIVA'S- GET YOUR DIES/PUNCHES OUT, goodluck and you know you can join as many times as you wish..

HUgs MDD DT and your FF DT teamie Blankina

NickScrapShack said...

A fabulous project! Love it.

Great job with our 3-2-1 challenge at Crafty Catz too. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
Nick

Kim. said...

Beautiful design, love how you used the elements given. Thanks for joining us this month at Sparkles Monthly.
Kim xXx

Kim said...

great creation. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

Ang C said...

A gorgeous project

Thankyou for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our "Monochromatic" challenge

Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon

Ang x

Mau xx said...

You clever lady :) what a super project and useful at that.
Thanks for following my blog Wendy, I am thrilled to have you on board xxxx
Huge Hugs Mau xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels