About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 11 May 2013

Any Sport

Good Morning All
It is my turn to choose the theme for Allsorts Challenge this week and I have decided on 'Any Sport', mostly because I wanted to see 'male' cards.  Not that women don't play sport, of course, I just thought it would be interesting to see what you all came up with.
 I made this with my eldest son in mind, well he will be getting it for his birthday  in June.  Both him and Rick used to ride field bikes when they were little.  This is a decoupaged image from Le Suh and I stamped all the words with my LOTV stamp, added black gems and black ribbon across the middle.  The paler card has a sky/cloud effect but it does not show very well on pic.





This is what it looked like before I decided to add the minature envelope with a tiny fiver in.  I just thought it needed abit more embellishment and I thought Lee would like the fun bit.









We have two sponsors this week ------Whimsy  Stamps
And
              The Craft Barn
I cant wait to see what you all create and as it is my challenge I will be visiting all of you but forgive me if I don't comment on all but I will do as many as I can.


xxxxx
Wendy L
CHALLENGES ------
Paper Creator's Crafts ---# 8 - For the Boy
Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes

26 comments:

brenda said...

The card and money pocket is a great idea Wendy and a perfect masculine card.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny x

Sonia said...

What a beautiful image for this gorgeous male card my dear^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

catherine said...

This is fabulous Wendy and such a great image. I'm sure he will love it too. Love the addition of the envelope! thanks for a great challenge this week and have a good weekend
x catherine

sue said...

great card sue xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Wendy. I love the design, image and brilliant detailing
I hope you are having a good weekend
Sue xx

Craftnut said...

Great card Wendy. Can't beat a bit of decoupage! Tracy x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Wendy! Your son will LOVE this birthday card - love all the decoupaging, and design elements. Fantastic card.

Lorraine said...

Brilliant mans card Wendy. the image looks great and I love the design.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card Wendy, great image & design.
Wendy xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi wendy ... love your sons birthday card and how very organised of you to have it done already lol ... hope you are having a great weekend ... thank you so much for visiting my blog it means a lot ... must have a lookie at this blogloving followers thingie ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Anonymous said...

Great male card Wendy - love the little five pond note!
x

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

:D You chose such a tough theme! I stray away from it as much as I can because I have limited creativity in that area. I can't say the same for you! The card is so lively!

Sarah said...

Fab card for a male Wendy, just love the mini envelope and the note x

pam said...

brilliant male card Wendy, fab image and love the money embellishment
pam

chillin with Quillin said...

awesome card, like the envelope inside to !!!!
Paula

Unknown said...

this is a very nice card for a male and grate as i find male cards the most difficult to do x x x
aj

Janet - aka stacky said...

Fantastic card Wendy love the mini fiver and the image is brilliant my hubby would love it he is bikes mad xx

Sarah said...

Thank you for your kind comment Wendy and for such a fab theme for a challenge. I think we all tend to shy away from men's cards. Your easel style lends itself perfectly for the wheelie!!

Tracy said...

Hi wendy
What a great card, love your image and design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Redanne said...

Hi Wendy, it is a great theme, as male cards are always so hard to do. Love the great image on your and the fun £5 note. Thanks for joining us at our Creative Corner. Anne x

Rossella said...

Good Morning, Wendy,
Great Card,
Rosie x

Miradormakings said...

Great male card -I love the image.

Joan x

AnyOldCraft said...

Wonderful card and yes the little money envelope add just the right finish to it :)

Words and Pictures said...

Cool masculine card, and the little gift envelope is a great touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x

Laurart said...

Wonderful card! I am sure he will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels