About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 5 May 2013

Sunday Mojo no. 9

Good Morning All
Well, this week  was a challenge from John Next Door, I looked and looked at the goodies he brought for me and wondered what or how I was going to decorate the box.

It is a beautiful box covered in material and tied with a ribbon.

The paper is really good quality but I did not want to cover all the box with it because the material on the lid is lovely pale blue and white striped, afew tiny marks on it but I thought I could cover it with embellishments.




This is the inside. The inside is removable but I think I will leave it in.








Now this is what I did.
I stuck some of the paper around the sides.
Stuck some lace across the lip where it closes.
Then just went to town adding flowers, diecuts, lace pearls on a base of blue corrugated card.













I cut some label tags ( X cut ) from some of the paper and put ribbon through and clipped with a peg, I thought these could be used as labels for whatever I may store in each compartment.   Then I  stuck a crochet flower with a pearl in the middle onto the back of each compartment.  I think this may be another Christmas Gift for someone!!!!


CHALLENGES----------------
Crafty Calender - Blooms
One Stop Crafts # 227 - Flower Power
Sandys Crafty Creation - May -  Flowers
As You Like It challenge # 1 - Fave die  Cheery Lynn rose medium
Happy Campers # 16 - Use Lace




I had a small amount of the paper left so I made a little A6 size card.

I hope you like them and have a lovely, relaxing Sunday.
xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES----------------
Jellypark Challenge - Girly
Delightful Challenge - Add ribbon
Perfect Sentiment Challenge # 77 - Make it Feminine
   




17 comments:

Rossella said...

What a lovely collection, someone will be very pleased to receive these,
Rosie x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant work Ginny x

Mau xx said...

Hi Wendy, Love the creations, I can almost hear your brain cells ticking as you receive your goodies to work with.....lol
I bet John has a chuckle when he puts them together for you :)
Your box is beautiful, love the tag idea and the detail on the top is stunning.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Sue said...

such a beautifully decorated bow Wendy and I love the card too.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

OMW, I'm glad I don't live next door to John - he doesn't half know how to set a challenge, lol! Great makes Wendy!
xx

pam said...

fabulous project Wendy, love what you have done with this box,
fabulous card
pam

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Two lovely projects! Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges hugs Susan x

Miradormakings said...

Great projects Wendy and that paper took me back to my childhood, i am sure we had wallpaper very similar.

Joan x

chillin with Quillin said...

gorgeous box, and love the tags and flowers !!!!
Paula

Sandy Trefger said...

Love both your gorgeous box and beautiful card! Such pretty detail! Awesome! Thanks for joining in on my Flowers and More Flowers challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Janet - aka stacky said...

Wow didn't you do well with your challenge from John !! I love the box you made it really is lovely, so much gorgeous detail and the card is so pretty the flowers look lovely on it xx

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been very busy what a creative piece of work love the crochet flowers too! and your choice of die, Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at As You Like It,

hugs Samantha :0)

Margaret said...

What a lovely box and your card is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again.

Shelley said...

What lovely creations, thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Gorgeous creations and great flowers.

Thanks for joining us this week at the One Stop Craft Challenge and good luck.

Sarahxx

Unknown said...

love your project, and use of the lace.. Thanks for joining in at Happy Campers x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous creations. Thanks for joining in our "Blooms & Blossoms" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels