About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Garden

Good Evening All
Gosh, it has been hot today, very summery weather for us, but now it has gone quite black.

When I have been getting my washing in over the last few days I have noticed the plants coming into flower, especially the cacti so I thought I would take some pics to show you all.

                                      I  love this one, it is getting some lovely orange flowers on.
    

All these first 3 pictures started out as tiny ones bought for 60 cents and in pots no bigger than 3" diameter, and now they are in 6" pots.

I think the little one looks like a frog!!





This is how I plant the tiny ones I buy. I put three in a window box, these are about 15" long.   Then in the spring I transfer them to individual pots and they go up on the roof.

These three need to be repotted this week and then I can buy some more to put in,  and then the window boxes go outside our kitchen window.
 




This is a gorgeous Bougainvillea (don't know if that is how it is spelt).  It has lovely and orange and pink flowers on at the moment but I think they will be changing to all pink soon.




This is a beautiful Miniature carnation in a lovely shade of peach with a red edge.
 It very often looks like it is going to die off and then comes back to life.
 It is looking quite healthy at the moment.


On to my card for today.  As the image is watering  the flowers in the plant pots, I thought is apt to show this one with the pics of my plants.

 It is a LOTV topper, which I think is so cute.  Cheery Lynn roses die, a doily, ribbon, buttons (these lilac ones were from my Mums old button tin),  a pin with a pearl head and I put a round blue bead on and a white square bead.  Round sentiment stuck on some silvery material.
xxxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES -----------
Tando Challenge - Purple, Blue and White
The Ribbon Girl - Add a Button
The Crafters Cafe Challenge # 2 - Mom and/ or  for a lady
Sandys Crafty Creations - Any thing Goes With a Twist
Ribbon Carousel - RRC 8 Celebrations
 

12 comments:

Janice said...

Lovely flowering plants Wendy and a super card. The weather has been lovely here too, but it all changed today and it's now much greyer & cooler. Hopefully the sun will return soon! Jx

Rossella said...

Lovely card and pics, Wendy,
Rosie x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. The topper looks fab and I love the design and pretty embellies.
The photo's of your plants look great too.
Lorraine x

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely plants, and your card is adorable, love all the embelishments !!!!
Paula

Sue said...

Beautiful card Wendy. I love the sweet image and gorgeous embellishments.
Wonderful photos too, thanks for sharing
Sue xx

pam said...

beautiful card Wendy, fab photos.
pam

brenda said...

Lovely to see everything bursting into flower Wendy and I can see it inspired your pretty card.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning plants I miss my beautiful Bougainvillea's that I grew all round my apartment when we lived in Rhodes.
Fabulous topper Ginny X

ionabunny said...

Very pretty colours.

Sandy Trefger said...

Your plants are fabulous! And I love your pretty purple card with the flower image and lovely flowers! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Miradormakings said...

Beautiful card Wendy I love the image, where did you get it.

Joan x

Carol Plume said...

what great cacti - very pretty card too, thank you for taking part at Tando Creative Challenges this month

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels