About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 18 October 2013

Boxes

Good Morning All

Friday again and fat club day, I dont think I have done too well this week, but 'heyho' gotta carry on.  I made a Cherry Bakewell from a recipe given to us by one of our leaders and it was made from chick peas, believe it or not, and it was flippin' gorgeous.  If you would like the recipe let me know and I will email it to you.  If you have ever followed the club that uses syns this whole cake is only 6 syns.
Just one week to go until my hols too, so excited.!!!!1

Another project of making boxes.








These measure about 4.5" x 6.5" and will hold about 6 A6 cards.

Now this one came about because I saw a belt at the charity shop, where I work on Tuesday mornings,and I thought it would look great on a card or box as the case may be. 





The tassle was off a cushion cover and the wooden circle and the rope was from the belt.



Then I just decorated with whatever embellishments I wanted.  Quilled flowers (inked on the edges), crochet flowers, corner die cuts, pearls, lace, brads.







I just had to show you all this piccy of Hollie when we Skyped last week.
Her Mum took this pic of her giving Nanna a kiss,  (she kisses the computer screen).  Aint this sweet?  Love her to bits.
xxxx
Wendy L

10 comments:

Mau xx said...

Your boxes are beautiful Wendy i actually have two of those belts...one brown one turquoise...lol a great idea when the skirts are worn out.
Love the detail on your boxes and the lovely flowers.
Holly is just adorable, how sweet is that.
Huge hugs Mau xx

Miradormakings said...

Hi Wendy, I love this box its gorgeous. Sorry you got a silly email from me, I used outlook to send an email to C&C but it sent a couple of people in my contacts old emails and nothing to C&C, I have sorted it out now. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things now I lost my MOJO and Interest in crafting quite badly the past few weeks.

Joan x

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty box, and a useful size too. (Love the cute pic of you getting a kiss).

Sue said...

Fabulous box Wendy, I love the design and gorgeous detailing.
Such a lovely photo, just wonderful!
Sue xx

ALI said...

Love the boxes and I wished I hadn't thrown away the belts I had..lol
Love the photo Holly!

Unknown said...

Lovely boxes Wendy, it amazing what can be reused to decorate projects. Gorgeous pic of Hollie kissing the screen.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Have to comment on the picture first.....that is just so! so! sweet, I love it.
Your box is brilliant loving the embellishments....off to fish out the skirt I have put in the Charity Bag it has a belt like that one it, thank for the inspiration
Have a Great weekend

Patricia xx

pam said...

beautiful photo Wendy. your box is fabulous, with amazing embellishments. love it.
pam

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Such a lovely piccy of you and Hollie.
Love the boxes. They rival your neighbours!
Best wishes
Ang x

Debbie Adams said...

This is so pretty, and I like all the embellishments you used. Thanks for the inspiration. :D And your little granddaughter is adorable. :D
Deborah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels