About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Plaques

Good Afternoon All
Wow, what a day yesterday.  I thought it was not going to be all that good at the fair but, although it was quiet, I did sell quite alot and took a fair amount of money to replace stocks with and also, to donate 3 bags of shopping (done this morning) to give to the poor in the village.

 The bar did not charge an entry fee, just asked people to bring a bag of non-perishable food.  When I took mine round this morning, half of the floor in the bar was covered with bags, waiting to be collected by people from the town hall who will distribute it to the families.
A pic showing the van loaded  this morning of all that was donated last night. 

 I packed away at about 9pm and brought the car home with all the stuff in, then we went back to enjoy the music.  It had been very hot during the day but was just perfect last night and we sat outside  until around midnight, a great day all round I think.  It was also lovely to meet Val, who visits my blog and leaves a comment.  She makes cards too and bought some of my crochet flowers and bead pins and some earrings too. Thank you Val, I will be  in touch about teaching you to crochet. xxxxxx

Anyway, now onto todays project - at my 'fat club', Pam, the leader, asked me to make some plaques for her to give all the members when we take a break for afew weeks in August.  She had shown me a picture on the internet and asked if I could do 15 similar, so here they are, all finished, ready to go to her on Friday.




               Close ups of afew.  I used the hard backs from books that John Next Door gives me from ones  that are to be thrown away.  I cut them in half and covered them with nice paper, punched holes with Crop-o-dial for the ribbon/hanger.  The sample Pam showed me had used small chalk boards to write the target weights on but I used different shapesd Post-It note pads.




I have tried to mix the colours and the embellishments.  I found the paper on the pic above of inches and I thought this was very appropriate, but only had enough to make 4 with it.



xxxxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ----------

The Crazy Challenge # 149 - Without Stamps
Really Reasonable Ribbon # 76 - Sizzlin Summer Colour + Ribbon




14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

They are terrific Ginny x

Sue said...

Glad that the fair went well and that you had a good time.
These are wonderful Wendy. I love the designs and fabulous colours.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy. What a lovely idea to give plaques to your slimming group. that should stop them from straying over the closed month!
It was lovely to finally meet you and just to make all your followers jealous to say how beautiful your stall looked. You'd worked so hard to make everything and it really looked a picture. i just can't believe i forgot my camera. my daughter was delighted with her pretty earrings and and I'm wearing mine now as i type. Glad the day went well and it was a success. Don't forget the crochet lesson.
Love Val x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow lucky you having a stall ... your crafty bits looks super ... glad you enjoyed your day ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Patricia said...

Glad the Fair went well and you had plenty bags to give to those who needed them.
You plaques are brilliant, what a super idea to use the hard backs from books ... love that, recycling at its very best.
Happy Crafting

Patricia xxx

Rossella said...

So pleased you had a good day, Wendy.
Your plaques are great
Rosie x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy,
Well done you for your hard work to help those less fortunate.
Are you going to give a bar of chocolate away with each tag lol!
Take care.
Ang x

pam said...

pleased your fair went ok Wendy, your plaques look brilliant.
well done
pam

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

Unknown said...

These are all so wonderful Wendy and such a great colour wave . Bright and summery . Love them all xx

Miradormakings said...

These are fabulous Wendy and well done with your stall and donations.

Joan x

chillin with Quillin said...

glad the Fair went well and that is so neat donating to the needy!!
your creations are awesome, love them !!!!
Paula

Jennifer said...

Your plaques are great Wendy, so colourful and it is wonderful to see so many people donating to those who need it most. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes

Pillan said...

Nice! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels