About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 21 June 2019

Look What I bought

Good Morning All

My title is 'Look What I Bought' but it is rather, Look What John Bought Me.
After Liverpool won the Champions League, John was celebrating and he told me to buy what I wanted!!!!!
Well, I was watching Linda on Hochanda demonstrating her new plates so I got online and ordered them plus a couple of other things, as you do!!!!
So it was a set of 4 plates designed by Linda, a set of Pergamano Pencils and an embossing mat, that's all.


As parchment comes in either A4 or A5 size I always have lots of strips left over, as I tend to make 6x6 cards.
I either cut butterflies or dragonflies from them or punch out flowers.
As I now have lots of flowers and butterflies I thought I would use them in other ways so here is a card I made using a strip.
I just made a fancy border on both edges and used a flower plate and coloured prettily in pink.
Looks OK I think.

******
In our new Craft shop, they stock some amazing wools and they were displaying a cute,  really really soft Octopus.  Well I had to buy the pattern and a ball of the wool.
And here he is.
I shall make another one Hollie and I am giving this one to Tess.
They are coming over in August yippeeeeeeee.


xxxx
Wendy L

10 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my I love the octopus Wendy, it's gorgeous,it looks so soft and cuddly, I'm sure it will be loved.
Your card is stunning, beautifully created piece of parchment work. Lovely gesture from John and fabulous buys, have a lovely weekend Kate xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic creations today love that wall craft Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Marjeta said...

I like flowers on parchment paper. They look so gentle. And the octopus just awaits the little babies rinse with her

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the octopus, so cute...and your card is sheer delight..xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

The parchment work is beautiful Wendy, your card looks delightful

I'm calling your octopus Ollie, he's so cute and your grandchildren will love theirs for sure

Have a good weekend....

June x

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy you are a lucky lady. The card you have made is gorgeous and I love that octopus. Have a great weekend. Take care.Hugs Jackie

Val Jones said...

Very pretty card Wendy and cute octopus.
Love Valx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Wendy! What a fun post, and lots of sweet things in it! The new goodies hubby purchased are BEAUTIFUL and I can hardly wait to see all the pretties you make with them. Your little octopus is sweet as can be. What color what Hollie's be? Lovely soft details in your parchment flowers. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Littlelamb said...

A beautiful card Wendy and I love the octopus and the colour. I am sure you will make some lovely cards with the Groovi plates and pencils.

Mummylade said...

Looks ok? It's absolutely stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels