About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Painting & Junk Journal Winner

Good Morning All

Winner of Junk Journal

I put everyone's name on pieces of paper, there was 19 - 6 on Facebook and 13 on here


Winner is Karen L, who was on Facebook so I will duplicate this over there.

Thank you to all.
*****************************

As you know I have been doing abit of painting with a cheap set of Watercolours after seeing some ideas on Pinterest.
Here is afew cards I made at the weekend.
These cards are A6 size as I am filling a box for my Slimming group leader to use as a raffle prize.
They raise money for a very sick little girl in UK who needs treatment in Barcelona.

I love this one, I think it because of the stamp and of course, the butterflies.

And finally, this one.
Very similar to the first, but a sympathy card.

I have been doodling along with Barbara Gray from Clarity since the lockdown started.
So instead of having loose sheets of A4 paper, I decided to sew them all into signatures and make and ART / DOODLE Journal.
The cover was an old Readers Digest book so I decided to leave the green leather look instead of covering it.
I added a piece of paper I had splashed with watercolours, cut it to size to fit within the gold embossed lines.
I found these wooden butterflies in an embellishment box, heated embossed 3 times with copper powder, and stuck them on.
I will add some words at some point.

It keeps all my work neat and tidy and will use it for craft ideas too.
********************************
Now onto the winner of the JND Junk Journal

There were                comments on my blog post and                     comments on my Facebook page

xxxx
Wendy L

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy all of your cards are gorgeous. You are so generous with your time. Congratulations to the winner of your journal she is going to be thrilled. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Congratulations to the winner, it's a most wonderful journal.
Your cards are gorgeous, love the backgrounds and the colours.
What a brilliant idea to make a journal of your doodles. I've been following Barbara's colouring videos, they are brilliant, not yet ready to show anything yet, Kate x

Alison59 said...

Beautiful CAS cards Wendy :-)

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
congrats to Karen on her win.
Love your painted cards and their designs are so lovely.
What a lovely way to make money for that little girl.
Great idea the journal to keep your art work in.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards.
Congratulations to the winner.
Valerija xx

Mummylade said...

What a brilliant idea to make an art journal, and the water colouring is really really nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels