About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 4 April 2020

Something Old,New, Borrowed, Blue for Allsorts

Good Morning All

Allsorts Challenge this week is hosted by Kath and it is
Something Old
Something New
Something Borrowed
 Something Blue

So here goes.

Something Old - Stencil
Something New - Johns Mosaic die
Something Borrowed - Johns Blossoms die (borrowed from my Crafty mate Val J)
 Something Blue - Flowers and Gems


I inked the blossoms with Tim Holtz Distress  pads then sprayed with Izinks metalic spray so they look like I have used pearlised card.

Prize 

Have fun.
**************
While I was out walking Rico the other morning the sky looked lovely and it got me thinking about the saying
'Every cloud has a Silver lining'
The photos dont do it justice, the silver lining was very prominent


I think the lockdown situation is getting to us all at present, it is for me.
I,m going through a spell of, not depression, but anxiety I think.
I cant settle to anything.  I go in my craft room and cant get inspired, so I half make a card then leave it.  I know I should do some more housework or clean some cupboards out but I cant motivate myself.
I know it will pass, the sooner the better.
Anyway at least the weather is getting better here, we have had alot of rain the past couple of weeks.

On a more cheery note, here is Tess learning to write her numbers.

It was nice enough to have a BBQ on the roof terrace yesterday, I even had to go and change into a pair of shorts!!!!!
We normally have a BBQ outside on the community space outside our kitchen window but that is not allowed at present.

Take care everyone


xxxx
Wendy L

15 comments:

brenda said...

You're not alone with those feelings Wendy, I'm exactly the same, I flit around like a Butterfly, achieve very little beyond cleaning handles etc., yet again and start all over again. I've not made a card in a fortnight now which is not me at all, not even taken an inkpad or stamp out to try.

But I do love your blue and yellow card, it's a colour palette that works so well.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card! Hope you are safe and well there;-))m

Val Jones said...

Lovely card Wendy. Still havent used the flower die of course.
Like you I've lost my motivation. I start off every day with good intentions but nothing seems to be getting done.
Love Valx

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy your card is gorgeous I love it. What a great challenge. I think we are all struggling. I am finding it very hard to craft. Your granddaughter is doing very well with her numbers. Take care. Hugs Jackie

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Stay safe Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sarn said...

Super photos and a lovely card. xxx

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful design Wendy and great choice of colors!
The pictures look wonderful and Tess is such a cutie!
Hope you keep safe and well.

Lorraine said...

I know how you feel Wendy, I've been doing the same...starting one job...getting half way through then leaving it and moving on to something else!
Your card is lovely
Stay safe
Lorraine x

pam said...

Beautiful card Wendy.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

A really lovely subtle background, great flowers and a super addition with the mosaic die with the gems. Very well done on using all the elements (if that is the right word) Thank you.

Kath x

Donna Ellis said...

What pretty photos of the sky with silver linings! The sky always evokes great hope and humility in my heart. Your Tess is quite the scholar learning her numbers! And the take on the Allsorts challenge is fabulous with all the categories being covered! Wishing you well, hugs, de

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Wendy, your card is just lovely, beautiful colours and design.
What a pretty little girl Tess is and doing her numbers well.
Beautiful skies, I can see what you mean about the silver lining.
I'm still okay, but then being an antisocial butter now is paying off, lol.
Here's a suggestion....if you like. One of the things I used to get some of my clients to do at the end of their day was to list all of the positive things that they had felt, I've used it myself when I was going through anxious times. You'd be surprised how many you'd find.
I hope you can lift yourself out of your anxiety Wendy, but I appreciate it must be difficult, as Spain's restrictions are stricter than ours.. but I think we are heading in that direction, stay safe, hugs Kate x

Linby said...

I'm much the same Wendy. I just got that mosaic die - but not used it yet! Love how you used it.

Furrbster said...

This is a super pretty card!

Hugz Tinz

Tracy said...

Love your card, pretty colours too. Stay safe and well.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels