About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year & the Challenge Begins John Lockwood, & Something New for MAWTT

Good Morning All
Any sore heads around today !!!!


Firstly I would like to wish you all a  
Happy New Year.
***********

My challenge from John Next Door starts this week so I will be using  my dies, or a die from a set on every post  or nearly every post from today until I have used every set that I own.
John challenged me to use them on a Journal page  but when thinking about it, that would be quite difficult so I will be mixing Cards with Journal pages.
If anyone wants to join me, both John and I will give a prize.
It is a great way of having a clear out too, I have got rid of quite afew of my dies and Emboss Folders already!!!!!
Here are some of the dies I either have or am, getting rid of.
This is just SOME.

I started prepping for this when I got back from Johns at end of November.
*********************

I am combining this with Moving Along With the Times challenge this month which is
Something New
So a NEW Journal, a NEW year and a NEW Challenge


So here is the first Journal page I have decorated using afew different die sets -Marianne, Cheery Lynn and JND
 (listed at bottom of post)

I have a stock of coffee dyed papers and Tucks and Tags ready, I just love making them and have a box full ready to go.

 I used a scrap of Clarity designer paper, punched a pretty corner to make a tuck spot for a tag.
Die cut the Cheery Lynn Chrysanthemum die  and used JND Poinsettia die as leaves (they were already cut and on my desk)`The corner die set has 3 different designs in so no doubt they will feature again.


I am entering Jo's Craftroom Challenge with this layout.
Her theme is Something New.

Pop over to the challenge blog to see all the other DT's work.
Diane has chosen to go to a monthly challenge from now on.
**********
I am showing this pic, you have seen it before but it shows off the Poinsettia die better and also another of Johns dies, The Proper Cracker die.
I made about 30 of these before Christmas, to give out to my Craft Club ladies, neighbours and friends, so I wont be making anymore anytime soon!!!

Dies used - 
1.  JND CC017 - Poinsettia
2.  Cheery Lynn - B175 Lace Corner Deco J
3.  Cheery Lynn - B311 Chrysanthemum Strip
4. JND CC016 Proper Large Cracker die
xxxx
Wendy L

11 comments:

Val Jones said...

Lovely goodies on your blog today Wendy and good luck with your challenge.
Happy New Year to you, John and all crafty friends.
Love Valxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy the journal and the crackers are gorgeous. Good luck with the challenge. Happy New Year to you and your John. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mia said...

I love your journal, Wendy. HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear friend. Hopefully, I will join the challenge. At least, I will try. Hugs!!!

Jo said...

Lots of fab makes there Wendy, love the challenge idea......would love to join in if once a week would be ok? Happy New Year! x

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
what a very gorgeous jounal and the pages look so lovely and vintage looking in those colours.
Beautiful pages also.
Love the beautiful crackers they are stunning too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Happy New Year Wendy.
Good luck with your challenge
Pam x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous journal Wendy and those crackers are gorgeous.
Happy New Year
Lorraine x

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful projects, Wendy - you are always coming up with fun, crafty ways of playing with paper, dies and stamps. Looks like you enjoyed a great time at John's! Wishing you a full and healthy new year! hugs, de

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Happy new year Wendy

My, you have been so busy! Love the journal

June x

Furrbster said...

What a brilliant start to the journal! Great challenge,

Hugz Tinz

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Wendy
Thanks for creating your gorgeous journal pages for the ‘All Things New’ challenge... it has a beautiful vintage feel. Your crackers are gorgeous too. Have a lovely month until our next Team challenge.
Crafty Hugs
Diane Louise (Team Leader, MAWTT) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels