About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 11 July 2019

Away today

Good Morning All

As this post goes out we should nearly be landing in UK to go and see Johns Mum and my Mum.
It is only a short visit and I have scheduled my posts.

Here are some Groovi cards I have made to send with swaps.

This one is matted onto a Pixie powder background I made

This one took a while as the lace border takes time and patience.
I added some flowers punched from the scraps of parchment I have left over.


I really like this one, bright and cheery.

***********
During the summer months I always have a swim when I have taken Rico for a walk in the morning.
On Tuesday whilst swimming I saw a small black thing moving on the surface of the water so I went over, thinking it may be a bird, but it was a bat.
 I got out of the pool and found a stone to try to get it out.
I put the stone under it and lifted it onto the side, hoping it would dry out and fly off.
I carried on with my swim and saw it again, thinking it had got into the water again,  but it was at the opposite end to where I had put it on the side.
So I swam off to have a look, got this one out onto the side.
Went back to see if the other one was still there and it was.
So I had a pair of wet and soggy bats. 



I moved them but it the shade of a large plant pot and kept checking on them through the day.
They were still alive at 9pm.
When I went for my swim on Wednesday morning they had gone so I presume they were waiting for darkness to fly off.
I,m so glad they have gone and didn't die.
I felt so happy.


xxxxx
Wendy L

8 comments:

Val Jones said...

I'm so happy the bats flew off as well.Bless
Lovely cards.
Hope the flight was good and enjoy your holiday.
Love Valx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful cards today.
Those cute little bats were well looked after
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy your cards are gorgeous I love them all. Well done for saving the bats. I hope you have a safe journey. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Glad you managed to rescue the bats Wendy, I would have freaked I'm afraid, they are creatures that scare me, so well done you.
Your cards are all so beautiful, I love the delicate designs, I especially love your last one, the colours are gorgeous, Kate x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Wendy ... Loving your super cards ... So elegant and yes the last one is my favourite one too ... well done on your rescue attempts lucky they flew off strange there were two in danger but maybe they stick together not sure about bats they are a bit spooky for me lol ... Hope you have a fun visit with "the mums " and a safe journey home ... Happy crafting and love sandy xx

Donna Ellis said...

What a great post, Wendy! First, I must say I am always WOWed by your patient diligence in the parchment techniques. They are inscrutably gorgeous and meticulously done. True labors of love. Thanks for sharing their softness with us. I can only imagine how elegant they must be in real life. So glad you get to visit your "mums" and have some special family time. And those pats! Gosh! So grateful you were able to rescue them. We used to have a large colony here, and I enjoyed watching them every night as the swooped in to eat the insects. But I have not seen a colony for a long time. Just a lone bat every now and then. Enjoy your visit! xx

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful cards Wendy. Enjoy your visit to UK. Well done saving the bats

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Wendy and well done you saving the bats!

June x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels