About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 8 September 2019

Crafty Ribbons & Happy Sunday

Good Morning All

Today is my turn to Show a creation made for Crafty Ribbons and I used a couple of pieces I had left of the Grosgrain Stones Ribbon.
Well what is it you may ask??????

It is a Pencil Case for my Polychromo pencils.!!!!!

Now I am not the neatest of machinists.  But I couldn't find a pencil case in my local shops that would hold enough pencils, I wanted one that would hold about 72, and I didn't want to wait for one to arrive if I ordered online, so I decided to make one.

I used two pieces of ribbon that I had left over from previous projects.
Same design but different colours.
Stitched onto felt then tidied up by sewing an outside piece using a duvet cover and I left enough material for a flap so that the pencils dont fall out.

It serves the purpose for me and is compact enough for me to take to Craft club.
Crafty Ribbons have a Facebook Page too.
The challenges are on hold for the time being but there are still some great bargains to be had in the store.
*************************************

My card for my little challenge this week is this one.
The sketch is below.
Most of the stuff on this one is scraps on my desk.
The parchment is an offcut from a Square piece.

Sketch to Follow.

Lets see what my Craft Club ladies come up with and you if you wish to join in.

*****************************

The gifts I gave out at Craft Club on Friday were 
just a couple of chocs in a little gift box.
And I forgot to photograph them, sorry.

*************************
Onto last weeks challenge which was to make a card with a Circle within a Square.
My card.

Eve

Nancy

Denise

Val J

Lynn J

Maggie

Pat

And the name drawn was Eve.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

xxxxx
Wendy L 

9 comments:

Val Jones said...

Your pencil holder is such a great idea Wendy. All lovely cards from the group this week and looking forward to this week's challenge.
Love Valx

brenda said...

A great way to keep your pencils in one place Wendy.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful pencil case I have only recently start to collect this make of pencils love them. I have to get going if I want to catch you up LOL.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous pencil case Wendy, well done. Beautiful cards too, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy that pencil case is gorgeous. Well done for making just what you wanted. All the cards in this post are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant pencil case Wendy. Great idea. Love all the cards.

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Wendy … your cards are amazing … and just love the pencil case how clever … never been a sewer my self never got the time for THAT too lol … hope all is well … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Nataliascraft said...

Wonderful pencil case Wendy and beautiful selection of cards x

Furrbster said...

Gorgeous card, and fab way to store your pencils!

Hugz Tinz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels