About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 6 May 2019

Groovi & Decoupage

Good Morning All

Today I am showing you a  card that combine two of my fave crafts - Groovi and decoupage.
A die cut decoupage flower image and a Groovi Queen border grid plate, all matted onto Pixie powder background.

I have not added a sentiment yet but the colours lead me to Sympathy card, but we will see.
As the Queen grid plates take so long to do it may well be a Birthday card for a friends. 



This one has a parchment flower, my little butterflies and the focal point is a scrap mounted onto Mirri card, again, too nice to throw out.
All mounted onto a base made with two scraps from a paper pad I bought in UK from the Declutter site on Facebook.


I get a great sense of satisfaction using scraps and as I give so many cards to charity, it seems silly to waste anything.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wendy L

12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Both are beautiful cards
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy what a gorgeous pair of cards. Yes is is great to use up scraps. I never seem to get anywhere near the end of mine. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lia said...

You made 2 gorgeous cards and I like them both!
Lia xx

brenda said...

Two super cards Wendy but the first is my fav as I love all the intricate work you do.

B x

Nataliascraft said...

Two gorgeous cards Wendy, beautiful designs x

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Wendy, I love your parchment work, always so delicate and the pixi powders making the backgrounds are fabulous, Kate x

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards..
Wendy x

karenlotty said...

A lovely way to use scraps I try to save my scraps but I go to use a piece that I think would be perfect to find out it is far too small! Ho hum!
Your Groovi work is lovely Have you seem the latest ones - named after saints - ooh they are gorgeous!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Wendy

Gorgeous cards, such delicate work with the groovi one

Junw z

Littlelamb said...

Love both the cards Wendy but the first one is my favourite. Love the colours. It looks so delicate.

pam said...

Two beautiful cards Wendy.
Pam x

pinky said...

Two very pretty cards Wendy. Love the combination in the first one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels