About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 27 July 2012

4 for 1

Good Morning All
I am up early today as I am waiting for workmen to arrive to do some work in the house.
I thought I would show you these cards I made the other day.  I was playing about with my Spellbinders border dies - I bought a set afew weeks ago and I thought they were cutters but when I got home they were embossers so I had to buy 2 more sets with the cutting edgers in!!  Anyway I was playing around and ended up with afew embossed/ cut edges so I decided to make a card, got out a piece of 8 x 8 lilac patterned paper and made a card.  Isn,t this Happy Birthday stamp lovely? (from Docrafts on a sheet I bought ages ago)
There was still some paper and borders left so I decided to make another.

There was still some paper and borders left so I decided to make another.
There was a tiny piece of paper and a border left so I decided to make another.

I have just posted two boxes of scrap back to UK for ladies on the Docrafts forum to use in their nursery schools and they cost nearly 15 GBP but I do so hate wasting anything and would rather someone get some use from it.  So, by doing this, there was no waste left from the 8 x8 piece of paper and my charities gain 4 cards from it too.

Have a good day

xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES -----------
Charisma Challenges # 29 - Monochrome
Cardz TV # 12 - Anything Goes
Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs # 13 - Bling Bling
Sentimental Sunday # 112 - Things with Wings
Creating When We Can # 23 - Monochrome


35 comments:

Sue said...

gorgeous cards Wendy, lovely colours and a great use of the border die.

I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Wendy love your design and colours. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs and good luck. Chris xx

rachel said...

lovely cards Wendy - thanks so much for joining us for the LEJ Bling Bling challenge! Hugs Rachel xx

pam said...

hi wendy, fabulous cards. great idea for using die cuts. pam

Jeri said...

Beautiful cards. Love how you used so much of the paper to create. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz TV.

girlia said...

Very pretty and feminine. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS

Melissa said...

Lovely card, love those pearls, thanks for joining CTVS!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Brilliant creations. Thanks for sharing over @ PP this week
Elaine DT

Jennifer said...

Love all your cards, just gorgeous!!!
Jennifer CTV Stamps DT

Unknown said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love all the butterflies..
Thank You for Joining us at CTVS!
Rachelle

Unknown said...

Love these colors Wendy and those butterflies! Wow!

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards Wendy, enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

What beautiful die cuts! Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Sylvia x said...

Thank you for joining us over at the Poodles Parlour - beautiful card and the butterflies are soooooooooo pretty..

Good luck

Sylvia x

Lorna said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, lovely images and detail

Lorna xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi wendy ... super little creations what a clever lady ... so thrifty and how kind of you to be posting boxes back to uk ... thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words about my son ... sorry to hear about your grandson ... yes it is not nice when marriages break ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful selection of cards love the colours tracy x

Carolk said...

a lovely set of cards x

Lizzies said...

Fabulous set of cards, love your colours

Lizzies said...

Fabulous set of cards, love your colours

Flowergirl said...

Brilliant cards, great use of all the papers x
Wendy x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and yes the Happy Birthday stamp i lovely
carol x

annesyme said...

Beautiful cards!
Anne x

ChrisAndCat said...

You've been busy! These are lovely, love the butterfly on the second one especially.

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Awesome card - all the way from Spain, too!

sparklingblackrose said...

Really pretty! Elaine-xxx-

Anonymous said...

Really pretty cards, the first one is my favourite, do like all the elements on that one. Happy blog hopping xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Hi Wendy your cards are so lovely and so are you to send the papers to the uk was very kind of you xx

Sarah said...

What a great way to use up all of the paper and not leave anything for waste! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV.

Sarah :)
Cardz TV DT
http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

craftynanny said...

Lovely pretty cards Wendy! Hope all is well with you all. Hope that baby arrives safely! On the 5th!!! ;-) Lea xx

Sharon said...

These are fabulous!!! So love the layout of all three of them. The colors the paper and those great butterflies! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

Shawnee said...

These are very pretty! I love the butterflies and colors you picked. Great job!

~ Jo ~ said...

These are all so pretty!! I love the colors and butterflies!!!

Hugs,
Jo- CTVS-DT
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Sandy Ang said...

Very trendy cards with the use of feathers. I'm seeing them all over the place at CHA this year.
ps just love your gymastic tilda!

Sarah said...

Beautiful cardz, so pretty, love your colours, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels