About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 14 April 2013

Paper Piecing

Good Morning All
We are half way through this months Forever Friends Challenge and the theme is 'Paper Piecing'. 

My card shows a Pink Gem digi
 I cut out his shirt and boots in yellow paper to match my colour scheme of orange and yellow and brown.



Dies used---
Sissix Framelits Scallop Square

This shows how I folded my 12 x 36cm card - scored at 12cm, 24cm, 28cm, 32cm and 34cm.
My Forever Friends paper piecing is this one and I pieced the checked shawl.
 Crochet a little blanket and a heart.


My Mistake------------------------
 
This is the first card I have made is a 'Pink Gem' image which I think is so cute.   I have made corners with parchment and pierced and embossed them. I made this card thinking that the challenge was 'Paper Piercing' not 'Paper Piecing'.  A senior moment, not reading correctly, but I wanted to show you this one as I thought the image was so cute.
Winner Sponsor is The Ribbon Girl
and Forever Friends Favourite it Pink Gem Designs




Have fun this month.
xxxx
Wendy L

I would like to welcome my newest followers too - Thank you for joining me.

CHALLENGES ----
Sarah Hurley # 79 - Projects with a Character  1st card - footballer
Inky Impressions # 105- Paper Piecing
Paper Pretties # 253 - Buttons
Bearly Mine # 81 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown # 142 - Fancy Fold

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Miradormakings said...

These are all gorgeous Wendy but that pink one is adorable i agree that image is gorgeous.

Joan x

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous paper pieced card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Bettina L. said...

Love this Wendy. This bear is soo cute and love that fold and buttons too. Your FF card is adorable too. Love them both. Thanks for playing at
Inky Impressions and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Hugs Bettina DT Member at Inky Impressions xx

Nonni said...

Beautiful fancy folding and so pretty pastel colors! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown -we started with a new challenge today, I hope you'll join us again!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work! Thank you so much for joining us at the Sarah Hurley challenge Blog!!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous creations - thanks so much for taking part in the Sarah Hurley Challenge. Jess xxx

Clare Brown said...

so cute, thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels