About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 29 April 2013

Good Bye

Good Morning All
I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Ours was mixed as we received the very sad news that one of our quiz team members, Pat, who we see on Sunday nights, passed away on Thursday, very suddenly.  We could not go to the quiz as it would have been so very strange sat there without Pat.
Anyway, onto more pleasurable things - crafting.  Also a little bit sad because this is my last challenge for Love to Create,  I have really enjoyed my time with them but I feel that I would like to move onto new pastures.  Love to Create was one of my very first DT positions.

The theme this week is Dies/Punches and the sponsor  is Dr. Digi House of Stamps.

I used my X Cut Large dies to make an easel card and used one of the sponsors images 'Genie'



Paper  was going cheap in a craft shop when I was in Kettering, I think it came from a magazine.



The 'Just for You' tag has been in my stash for ages, years in fact.

Then I just added a stamped sentiment, afew gems and a home-made bead pin.



Have fun with this challenge.

xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES -----
Artistic Inspirations - Lots of Layers
Stamp and Create April - Use at least one die cut
Alphabet Challenge - F for Fantasy

15 comments:

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, great image and love the colours...Sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs Lozzy x

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Wendy.
Your card is lovely. Fab image and I love the colours.
Sue xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful image you have coloured so well like the backing and die cuts Ginny x

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely card, love the colors!!
so sorry for the loss of your friend, prayers go out to you and her family !!!
Paula

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the image and fab design.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Beautiful card, love the image great colours. Thank you for joining us at Artisitic this week. Abbie (owner)

Powered By Fairydust - http://poweredbyfairydust63.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great card - I love the shape of your easel card and your bright colours!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Basslady said...

a fantastic card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Unknown said...

What a fun card this is Wendy! Love the diecuts, too, they look fab! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Rossella said...

Hi Wendy,
So sorry to read of your sad news.
Your card is lovely, I like that Beaded pin,
Rosie x

Sonia said...

Hello my dear friend, I want to apologize if I can not comment on all your beautiful work, but I finally found a full-time job ^_^
Will I be able to visit you on weekends only .. in Italy today is Labor Day and we are all at home^_^
You have done a marvelous creation as always
Have a wonderful day^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Janet - aka stacky said...

So sorry Wendy to hear about your friend xx

Your card is fabulous, love the image and your card design xx

Anonymous said...

Fun image and a fab card Wendy!

So sorry to hear about your friend.
xx

Elaine said...

A fabulous card Wendy and I LOVE these colours :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your friend Pat.

Sending big hugs

Elaine xx

Miradormakings said...

Great card Wendy but so sorry to hear about your friend.

Joan x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels