About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 24 April 2021

Rainbow Colours for Allsorts

 Good Morning All


The challenge over at Allsorts this week is chosen by Kath and it is

Use 3 Colours from the Rainbow.

Now if you dont know the exact colours here they are

 Colours of the rainbow are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.

I made two Groovi cards and the first one uses Orange Yellow and Green.

The topper is parchment too.

This is a large card for me, 8x8, so I will be giving it to someone here in Spain.

I am trying to use my pieces of parchment that I have cut the middles from.







Look closely at the pic above.

I know its there others probably wouldn't see it.



I made a mistake on this one when I was piercing so
 I stuck a large butterfly on, I was lucky to have one in suitable colours.






My next card I have already shown on Facebook on the Groovi Worldwide page but here it is for you all to see.

 I chose Blue Indigo and Violet.

I coloured the parchment myself with crayons and oil to blend them.

It is all very subtle as the colours blend together through very pale blue, lilac and then darker shades.

I used a Groovi grid plate for the border and the centre oval is from December 2020 Monthly plate


I did some picot snipping in the centre of the largest hearts.


I sent this to the craft shop to see if it would sell for Valentines (that was when I made it, back in Feb)

We have a new Sponsor this week called Pearlywinks and they are giving a 15gbp voucher to spend in their store.
Pearlywinks craft supplies is a family run business based in Manchester, the business was established in 2018 by Simon and Donna who have been avid crafters for at least 20 years following on in family footsteps. The business has grown from less than 10 ink sprays to over 100 different ink products, Texture Paste, Stamps, Stencils and a selection of mediums. All of our inky products are made in house and we try to have our products made by other UK based companies. We have been featuring on the craft channel Hochanda on a monthly basis since the company began.

xxx

Wendy L



8 comments:

brenda said...

The oranges and yellow really jump out at me Wendy and perfectly coordinated with the soft parchment frame.

B x

Linby said...

I love the colours on these cards. I was thinking the patience you have to do this as I made mistakes when I tried many years ago. Only to see you did make a mistake! However, you used that gorgeous butterfly which just adds beautifully to the card.

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards Wendy;-))m

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

b oth fabulous card love the first one the best Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy both of your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. How lucky that you had that butterfly. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Ellibelle said...

They both are so pretty Wendy, great details and butterflies are always so perfect for covering up mistakes while adding something wonderful to the design!

Kathleen said...

Two really super makes Wendy, both with great colours images and designs.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards Wendy, I do love your parchment work and the topper on the first card is gorgeous, such pretty colours, Kate x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels