About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 4 March 2018

Craft Club Gifts & Sketch

Good Morning All

The gifts I made for my Craft Club ladies on Friday were these Soap boxes.
This idea came to me when I was doing the shopping in Mercadona.
I saw these lovely soaps in 3 different fragrances, and thought they would make lovely gifts, so I bought some.
They are wrapped in beautiful papers too.




I thought I would make large matchbox style boxes.


One of my ladies, Eve, had given me some corrugated card in various colours, perfect for this style of box.



I just went to town on decorating with lots of my homemade embellishments.





I used pretty pearl brads for the handles and  various papers from my stash to decorate ends of the base boxes.







*******
Here is the sketch for this week if anyone wants  to play along.
Email me a pic or comment on Facebook Here.
I draw a name  on Friday 9th at 1pm.
Twist it, turn it,interpret as you wish, just keep the general lay out.


As I announced the other day, I have been accepted onto Crafty Ribbons DT but just before I applied, I won over on their challenge and received a voucher to spend on their website HERE
This card is using a pack of ribbons they offer, offcuts for 1gbp (I dont have a pound sign on my laptop) HERE.
So I used some of them on this card.
They are strips of  between 3" and 6" perfect for this card.




xxxxx
Wendy L

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Wendy these beautiful upcycled boxes are so fun and beautiful and also wonderful gift ideas. Love your gorgeous card too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Val Jones said...

Very nicely perfumed they are too Wendy. Ive put the soap in my undies drawer for the time being.
Great sketch this week. Will be making mine later.
Cute ribbons and I'm impressed with you making a Christmas card.
Love Valx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic project Ginny x As I do Rodos

brenda said...

I want to join in your craft club Wendy, such prettily wrapped soaps and lovely card as well.

B x

Alison59 said...

Lovely gift boxes and a super card :-)

Janice said...

Congratulations on the DT. Those bits of ribbon have been made into a great card! Love your soap boxes too, the soaps themselves look great without the added beautiful box. Well decorated too !! Janice x http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Rita said...

What a lovely idea for Christmas gifts Wendy. I love soaps at anytime of the year and now have quite a collection. Your card is so striking in both the colour combo and the sketch. Stunning. Hope you're well. Hugs Rita xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy you have been busy. The soap boxes are gorgeous. That is going to be one happy set of ladies when they receive these gifts. The card is gorgeous too. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

pam said...

Beautiful gift box`s for soap Wendy, great idea.
Pam x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels