About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Covered Notebook

Good Morning All
A few weeks ago when I wasn't feeling my best, I started writing things down, hopefully, to try to make myself feel better and for me to look back and realise how lucky I am to have what I have in my life.
To live where I live, not have to go to work.
I can craft as much as I want and help charities too.
I can swim every day from June to September.
A fab man in my life who looked after me wonderfully.
Lovely family, gorgeous Grand Children (just wish I could see them more).

Anyway
This is the book I used, just a plain notebook that I covered in white felt then embellished with some of my homemade  pins, danglers and a doily.






I attached satin ribbon so that I can tie closed.





This is the back, left fairly plain.

The lace is so pretty.



The inside cover.

When the book is full, I can buy another notebook and replace it and the book slides out of the cover.


xxxx
Wendy L

13 comments:

Janice said...

Morning Wendy, a beautiful note book cover. I hope writing things done helped you. I feel that when you do this and then sit back and look at the words in black and white, they seem more real if that makes sense. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is very pretty Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy. Another beautifully decorated book.
I think that is a great idea of writing down what we've got and how lucky we are to live in the wonderful climate without having to work so we can craft when we want ha ha.
see you Friday
Love Valxxx

Alison59 said...

What a great project :-)

Always good to count your blessings xx

Christine Harrop said...

A beautifully decorated book cover Wendy. I'm so glad you made the cover removable. I see so many decorated books that are fully attached and I always feel that it such a waste. Hugs Christine x

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful and gorgeous your book looks
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy this is a gorgeous notebook cover it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
what a gorgeous book, and such a very lovely design.
It looks very pretty and fabulous.
When I am feeling down I also think of the wonderful things you have described in my life also, and that usually makes me feel a lot better.
This is what I am always saying to my family if you are down just think of all the wonderful things in your life compared to if you lived in a country with hardly anything, and how very lucky that we don't live in one of those countries.
I do not swim or love the Sun so the UK suits me fine, but your area sounds wonderful too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Hi Wendy, beautiful cover for your note book, really pretty lace you have used.
Lovely idea too.
Hope you are slowly getting back to creating.
Pam x

karenlotty said...

Love the book Great idea to write down notes etc ai used to keep a journal I used it to write down things that made me angry or upset me as well as good positive stuff Found it very cathartic
Sorry I've missed a few posts Lots of reasons for why which I won't bore you with Particularly loved the owl in the frame card Take care x

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful book cover. Brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing.

Lori Kobular said...

Love that sweet doily!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Brilliant idea to make it a remove able cover so you can move it from notebook to notebook.
Hope that the "therapy" is doing the trick.
Best wishes.
Ang x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels