About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 5 November 2015

Parchment Poinsettias

Good Morning All
This is the Christmas card I made for the two guys that run the bar where we have our slim and craft meets.

I love the way this turned out and love the parchment Poinsettias with lovely big shiny gems in the centres.
All done on Centura Pearl card.


I took a leaf out of Johns book and matted and layered 4 times!!!  His cards look so classy having more layers and narrow borders too, I think he uses just a half centimetre  borders.
I put the sentiment in Spanish as they do get Spanish  customers in the bar and  we are in Spain !!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely day.
xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES
Craft Rocket - Pearls and Gems
City Crafter - Christmas 286

14 comments:

brenda said...

I always love your white on white cards Wendy, you do them so well.

B x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is SO classy and elegant Wendy… LOVE those pretty borders and the scrummy flowers! :-)
Hope you have a good day!
Big hugs Sue B xx

Alison59 said...

So beautiful :-)

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wow card Wendy, love the pretty poinsettias
Lorraine x

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy this is a stunning Christmas card the layers do make a difference. Hugs Jackie

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Wendy & so elegant :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Kathleen said...

Love all the white with the touch of green, thought the sentiment was their names lol.
How nice to have a craft meeting in a bar, our local one is in the Old Folks Rest Centre, need to have a word with them about that.

Kath x

karenlotty said...

Super card and the extra layers really make a difference - note to self use more mats

pam said...

Stunning Christmas card Wendy, beautiful flowers and agree love your layers.
Pam x

Stampsnob. said...

So eloquent. Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges ....Lis DT

Marina said...

Beautifully shimmery and delicate - lovely card. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

*Vicki* said...

Such a stunning design! I really love the white over white with the pearl centers on your poinsettias!! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Craft Rocket Challenges! Hope you will join us next time! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
If you're not posting it, mat and layer to your hearts content lol!
Beautifully delicate looking card.
Ang x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels