About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 25 January 2014

Vintage

Good Morning All

'Vintage' is the theme this week at Allsorts Challenge and it has been set by Tracy.

I have use a stamp from Flonzcraft, one of our sponsors.  If you are one of my followers, you will know that "vintage" does not come easily to me and I did ponder over this one for a while.

I decided on a 'Man' card, as I dont make as many as I should.  I used a rubber stamp from one of the sponsors - Flonz- and pricked the edges and distressed with ink.  I used pages from a book and tore the edges and inked again.  Added a homemade sentiment and buttons with twine and some string on the fold.



Sponsors ----
Flonzcraft             Digi Darla         

xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ----
A Gem of a Challenge - One for the Boys
Speedy Fox & Friends 196 - Use newspaper or page from a book  WON THIS ONE
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Vintage
Country View Crafts - Mono
  

25 comments:

Patricia said...

Maybe vintage does not come easy ........Wendy this is absolutely stunning, you have made a fantastic job of this one.
Brilliant image and a great design
Have a great weekend

Patricia xx

brenda said...

Even if you say you don't really do Vintage Wendy you have nailed it here, a lovely masculine card.

B x

Mrs B said...

Hi Wendy. You have made a great vintage card so suitable for the men! Take care.

gail said...

Lovely card Wendy, this is great image image. Gail

Mummylade said...

I love the whole theme!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card love the dog Ginny x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Wendy. I love the image and I love the way you have aged the book pages.
Sue xx

Karina Bunkenborg said...

Fantastic card you have made and cool dog! Have a nice day!
Hugs Karina

Lorraine said...

A brilliant vintage card Wendy. the image and design look fab.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great card, Love the dog stamp its ace, Love Hazelxox

Rita said...

Great card Wendy. Hugs Rita xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
I would struggle with vintage too but your card is super. Handsome dog too.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a great card! I love the neutral colours x

pam said...

fantastic Wendy, great image and brilliant design.
pam

Craftnut said...

Great card for the theme Wendy, Tracy x

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful card! Love the design that includes the book page! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Pat said...

Very nice. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Stampsnob. said...

Just joined your blog you met this challenge beautifully...Lis SF&F

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. I love the dog image and the newsprint goes very well with it. Thank you, for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Tracy said...

Hi Wendy
Gorgeous creation, love your details, I think you did a really good job
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Wendy, I love the adorable image and pages as background.

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great card and love the torn paper x Thanks for joining us at CountryViewCrafts challenge this month, hope to see you again x Trace x

Annette said...

Wow, fab guy's card.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Pink Gem Designs,
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.


stampingbowd said...

Very pretty! Love the design! The curled edges look great! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels