About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 11 January 2014

Use Ribbon but No Bows

Good Morning All
I would like to welcome my new followers, I love it when people join me on my crafting journey, I hope you get a bit of inspiration from my creations.
                                  ***********************************************
It's my turn to host the Challenge at Allsorts this week and I want to see ribbon on your creations, but not in the usual way of tying a bow, I want to see how you can use it in other ways.  My very first DT card for Allsorts is HERE and I used ribbon in a plait, pop over to the post and have a look.  Anyway, for this one I wanted to try something else so here goes.




This was my first attempt then I thought it looked a little bare, so see the pic below.



I used one and a half inch wide organza ribbon with  wire edges, I pulled the  wire so that the edges gathered up, then wound it round to form a flower.

Liquid pearls on a scalloped circle.  Tiny envelope with card and tulips.


I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Sponsors -------
Crafty Ribbons                        


Scrappers Delight           

xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ---
Craftitude - Ribbons & Pearls
Delicious Doodles 70 - Flowers
Countryview Craft Challenge - Mono
Dreamtime Designs  DDCC #3- New Technique Ribbon rose (I love trying new ways of making flowers)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

26 comments:

brenda said...

Beautiful lilac tones Wendy and a lovely ribbon flower.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is stunning Ginny♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy. Love the colours and the flower is really lovely. Don't think I've got any of that ribbon but shopping in UK here we come!
Love Val x

Mummylade said...

that flower is fantastic!

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Wendy and a fab ribbon flower.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Mrs B said...

Hi Wendy. Great colours and lovely ribbon flower. Take care.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Pretty card in lovely pastels. Think you were right to add the extra embellishment.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Craftnut said...

Pretty in purple Wendy Tracy x

JJ said...

Lovely card Wendy, lovely colour, I love your flower too. You are right, it did need the extra embellishment.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Wendy. Such a beautiful ribbon flower and pretty detailing.
Sue xx

Lesley Thomas said...

I like it - that rose is gorgeous!

cebelica said...

This challenge is a great one, since it actually challenges you to think at least a little bit out of the box. I love that you decided to do a ribbon bow. It turned out beautifully! Wonderful card! Hugs! xx

Patricia said...

Great card, fantastic use of ribbon without bows......that would have been a hard one for me. Bows just seem to happen when I have ribbon between my fingers.
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia xx

Sue B said...

This is beautiful Wendy… so delicate and pretty… I love the flower that you've made and the little rosebuds are so sweet! :-)
Hope you have a good weekend
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Tracy said...

Hi Wendy
Fabulous creation, love the ribbon flower.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pam said...

hi Wendy, great idea to do a flower with ribbon, looks lovely and love the colour.
pam

Lozzy said...

Beautiful Wendy, really pretty and elegant with the colour..Hugs Lozzy xx

Jennifer said...

Absolutely stunning Wendy. Hugs, Jen x
Krafty Keepsakes

Sarah said...

I love the flower you made from ribbon Wendy, it's beautiful. Gorgeous card x

Shelly said...

Great card! I love your flower.

Unknown said...

What a clever way to use, Ribbon, I totally love that flower, superb card, thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles this week, best of luck xxx

fiona mctiernan walker said...

A fantastic way to use ribbon it is lovely thankyou for joining our challenge this fortnight at craftitude.
Hugs
Fiona dt. x

Anonymous said...

lovely card, lovely colors. Thank you for joining us at CRAFTITUDE this firtnight xx

Kitt said...

Lovely card and details. Love the color choice. Thanks for sharing with us at Craftitude Challenges.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude. HOpe to see you next time.

Mikha Adriani said...

Lovely ribbon rose, Wendy. I've tried but never succed, lol. Lovely colour choise too :)
Thanks for joining us at Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge.
Hugs, Mikha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels