About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 27 January 2014

Birthday Book

Good Morning All

I am a happy bunny this morning, why you may ask,  because I made something yesterday and am really pleased with how it turned out.  I was browsing around on You Tube and came across a demo for a little book, I decided to turn mine into a Birthday Date book as I had a little calender book on my desk that John had given me and had never got round to using it.  The tutorial is HERE, and this is how mine came out.




It is 3 and 1/2 inches square as I used  12 x 12 paer to make it.

I used wool in all the tags and pulled the edges.




There are 6 slots in the top and one in the side.  So I put two months in each slot and a plain card in the side one.



I just takes one piece of 12 x 12 paper and I made a cardboard cover for mine and covered it with material cut off when I shorted my curtains here in my craft room and decorated it with a tiny tag and some flowers.  Ribbon to fasten it with.





There is room on the back of each card to write and notes and names etc.  It could even be used as a diary, there is room to slot extra bits of paper or card in.
I think I will be making more of these and just use months with number, not an actual calender, so that it could be used year after year.

xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ----
Ribbon Girl - Anything Goes + Ribbon
Crafting for all Seasons - For the Girls
  

18 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely little book Wendy and useful as well.

B x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
What a clever idea.I store stuff on my phone but I still like to have a paper diary to write things in.
Just seen your comment on John's. . . He's been rifling in your drawers again then lol ! Should have known they were your blooms.
Have a great week.
Ang x

Sue said...

Lovely idea,it's gorgeous
Sue x

Miradormakings said...

This is gorgeous Wendy and would make a wonderful little gift.

Joan x

Doreen said...

Wow this is just gorgeous.xxx

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Wendy, such a wonderful design - thank you so much for the link. I will definitely be trying to make one of these, your fabulous design has really inspired me.
Sue xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Cute little book....love the design...Jools

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Wendy and such a brilliant idea
Lorraine x

pam said...

gorgeous book Wendy, love how you made yours, would make a lovely gift.
thank you for the link, will go and have a look
pam

JJ said...

Hi Wendy, this is beautiful and a brilliant idea.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Jennifer said...

What a lovely, clever and useful idea Wendy, this looks like a winner to me. Hugs, Jen xx
Krafty Keepsakes

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow how very clever wendy ... love your little book ... will take a little look at the link ... thank you for visiting my blog ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Wendy. I'm not surprised you are feeling pleased with your self:) Brilliant idea, you have made a beautiful book. Take care.

Patricia said...

What a fantastic project, I love it.
Not in least surprised you are pleased with it.
A lot of hard work but well worth every minute.

Patricia xx

Oma said...

That's an awesome book and handy as well!

Rossella said...

What a lovely book and such fun to do
Rosie x

scrappysharon said...

How fab it that....thank you for a great tutorial as well. Sharon x

flossbite said...

This is fantastic, such a clever idea. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs
Fiona x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels