About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Hollies Christmas Card

Good Morning All

I wanted to show you this gorgeous card made and designed by Hollie
 (and maybe a little help from her Nursery School teachers)





Now this is definately one for my memory box.

Don't little things like this mean so much to us Nannas?

I still hve my boys cards that they made in Playschool too.





I bought her this hat, scarf and gloves set while I was there.
She needed it to keep her warm as
she walks to Nursery each morning, which I am glad about.
I do think too many kids get taken to school in cars and dont get enough exercise.




xxxxx
Wendy L

17 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely photo of Hollie and looks like she is following in Grandmas footsteps.

B x

Wendy said...

Awww adorable photo of Hollie, she looks very happy with her new hat gloves and scarf set. Love her card too! Such a special keepsake for you. I have all my children's school cards kept in a box, oh miss them not being at little school :(
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Hollie rea,lly is a cutie Wendy and she looks so snug in her scarf and hat.
Just love the card. Definitey a budding craft member for our class.
Love Val x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous CAS card and beautiful photo Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Alison59 said...

Well done Hollie you've made a beautiful card :-)
And I love your hat and scarf too x

Christine Harrop said...

What a lovely keepsake for you Wendy. Holly looks very cozy. I do agree with you about children not walking enough. My sister used to child mind her two grandchildren and since she didn't drive there was no option but walk the nearly 2 miles to school/nursery. When the snow was on the ground we used to laugh because she used the sledge! Hugs Christine xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
yes this is a lovely keepsake.
A chip of her Nanna's block I think.
A budding card maker I'm sure.
You are so right about children walking to school or nursery as too many people rely on cars even when they have short distance to go.
I know life is hectic for young Mums, but you can't beat a good walk in the fresh air.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy she has made you a gorgeous card I can see why it will be one of your treasures. The hat and scarf set it lovely and cosy walking to school it very good in lots of ways. Hugs Jackie

Lozzy said...

Oh Wendy Hollie designed a gorgeous Christmas Card, she taking after her crafting Nanna. They make us so proud of them, my youngest grandson designed one to, will have to show...Hugs Lozzy xx
Love the photo of Hollie, she's beautiful and my she has grown to

Lorraine said...

Hollie's card is gorgeous...you have competition!
Lovely photo too.
Lorraine x

Janice said...

A smashing card by Hollie. Janice xx
Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

pam said...

Beautiful card made by Hollie, think she is following in your footsteps Wendy.
Pam x

gail said...

What a beautiful card, I think it's lovely that children enjoy making and designing cards, it is definitely something to treasure. She looks very cosy in her hat and scarf xx

Judith said...

Aw very cute you proud Nana you! - I still have all kinds of little keepsakes tucked away in drawers that my kids made, I love when I come across them from time to time. Hollie looks so snug in her warm clothes hugs judith x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card Wendy ... Hollie has done an amazing jobbie there ... she looks adorable in her new scarf and hat ... and yes my memory box is more than overflowing lol ... hope you are well sorry I have not visited for a while ... life gets in the way sometimes lol ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

karenlotty said...

I love Hollie's card She's very clever (even though she may have had a little help) She looks very snug in her new hat and scarf I agree with you Too many kids are driven to school these days

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Aw bless her, what a cracking card for a little un. It's obviously in the genes lol!
Lovely snap of Hollie too.
Ang x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels