About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 15 November 2014

Anything But A Card

Good Morning All

Thank you for all your 'Get Well Wishes', I am feeling better.
The theme for the Allsorts Challenge this week has been chosen by  Tracy Mouse.  Anything but a Card so here is a  blanket !!!!



Here is the finished blanket I have made for the new baby. I did it all in lemon edged with white.
 My eldest boy, Lee and his partner Megan are having a girl, possibly Octavia.  A little sister for this little cutie, here's Noah with his hair all slicked back, just wish he would lose his dummy.!!!!!
I know he will get rid when he is ready, Hollie only has hers a bed time now.

Only two weeks until I get to cuddle him!!!!
 I am really pleased with it, I love this crochet stitch and will no doubt be using it again.




Sponsor is


xxxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES
Little Red Wagon - Mono

21 comments:

Mummylade said...

he's adorable, dummy and all :)

Rita said...

What a beautiful blanket Wendy. Never seen that stitch before, but it looks lovely. Little Noah is such a gorgeous boy and it's good news he'll be having a sister soon. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Val Jones said...

Such a beautiful blanket Wendy. Noah is starting to look all grown up with his hair slicked back in readiness for his baby sister.
Love Val x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous blanket Ginny x

Alison59 said...

Fabulous blanket; I love that stitch :-) Don't worry, he'll lose the dummy in his own good time. I remember my eldest burying hers and the youngest just threw it in the bin one day!

brenda said...

It's a lovely blanket Wendy, it looks as though is beautifully soft.

B x

JJ said...

Hi Wendy, gorgeous, gorgeous blanket, so love the stitch on this and the colour is beautiful.

When my son was little he would not sleep without his dummy and it started to affect his teeth, our dentist told us to just tell him the fairies have taken it and replace it with a toy or something, it worked but I do think that maybe he was a little bit older than your Noah lol!

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Christine Harrop said...

Whenever I see something like this lovely blanket it makes me want to get my crochet hook out again. There always seems to be so much to do though! Ah well, one day ..... Christine

susiestacey said...

Lovely blanket Wendy, beautifully made. Oh my he is a little cutie and l bet you can't wait for all those huggles x Susan x

Sue said...

Awwwwww thank you for making me smile with your beautiful photo of adorable Noah,
Your blanket is gorgeous, I love the pattern and delicate colour.
Glad you are feeling better now.
Sue xx

Sue B said...

This is beautiful Wendy! I love the stitch… so pretty in the soft lemon. Such an adorable photo!
Glad you are feeling a bit better now.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous blanket and fabulous photo.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

What a cutie, gorgeous blanket x

pam said...

Beautiful blanket Wendy, Noah is gorgeous dummy and all, bet you cannot wait for a cuddle.
pam

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
your blankets are always beautiful. Octavia? First thing I thought of was the ostrich from Pipkins (showing my age now).
Noah just gets cuter. Didn't have a dummy myself but I did used to suck my blanket to the point I sucked the colour out of it. Probably explains a lot lol!
Take care.
Ang x

Hazel said...

Beautiful blanket, Love that stitch. Noah, will give his dummy up in his own time, it will be either before new baby arrives or it will be a while after either way it does not matter, it's his bit of comfort. Hazel x

Janice said...

Morning Wendy, a smashing blanket , basket weave crochet if I'm not mistaken. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Craftnut said...

Very lovely crochet blanket Wendy x

Tracy said...

What a beautiful blanket Wendy. So pretty and will make a fabulous gift too. Thanks for your creative make for my challenge.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jayne said...

What a gorgeous gift Wendy, it is a great stitch and your Grandson is definitely a cutie! Thanks for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

gail said...

Gorgeous blanket, love the basket stitch. Can,t believe how much Noah as grown. Gail xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels