About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 22 March 2012

Flourishes (and Recycling)

Good Afternoon all.
A gorgeous day here.  We have just got back from a lovely walk down by the river and through the citrus groves.

I think I have mentioned before that I hate to throw anything away and this card I made using the negative from a flourish die cut.  I made it the main focal point and decorated round it with beads and wire from my jewellery stash.  Punched flowers- the green ones are a Martha Stewart punch.  Parchment butterflies (any bits of parchment I have left I use either my flower punches or butterfly punches ).  Peeloff sentiment and gems added.

I am entering this into-

Cropstop challenge # 64 - flourishes

Cute card Thursday: Challenge 209 - Anything goes

11 comments:

Lorna said...

Fabulous card,love the colours and design
Lorna xx

Miradormakings said...

I love the swirls and flowers of this one - very pretty.

Joan x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful card & lovin all those swirls & flowers too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Vicki said...

Beautiful card! Love that you used the flourish negative also. Thanks for joining our CropStop Flourish Challenge.

carrie-lee said...

great card and using you cut outs and part i would usually throw out is a fab idea x

CropStop said...

Best bit of advice I received was to never throw out the negative of your dies or punches.... could always be used! Thanks for proving so beautifully! Thanks for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com (Kristin)

Kruemel said...

What a beautiful creation!

Thanks so much for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week.

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Nancy Jensen said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you used the negative from the flourish and of course your flowers are so pretty too. Thank you for joining us at CropStop. Hope you join us again soon!

Michelle Pearson said...

a girl after my own heart! I'm a recycler too! Great use of flourishes! Thanks for playing the CropStop Challenge! :)

Rosie said...

Oh, what a clever idea to use the left-over piece after cutting out the flourish! Definitely got to try that! Thank you for joining in our CropStop challenge! Hugs, Rosie

Unknown said...

Cute idea with the flourishing paper :D

Carina at Cropstop Team

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels