About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 16 March 2012

Butterflies & Flowers

Hi again
I have just finished this card -  a double easel - one half is using the some of the quilled flowers I made last night and a `peel-off``  `Just For You`
and the other half has a die cut butterfly from the wonderful die I won from Joanna Sheen blog candy afew weeks ago, isn,t it gorgeous? (I,ve just had to delete `gorgeous` twice as all my sentence was `gorgeous`)  LOL.
I have tried to photograph it close up to show you in more detail, the flowers and the butterfly.  The bit that took me the longest was sticking all those tiny petal gems on in the corners.


Isn,t it GORGEOUS? Haha.


I have put the letters MUM on the petals of the flowers inside.  As I have already sent my Mothers Day cards I thought I would keep this general so that it could be used as a Birthday card or just to let Mum know I am thinking of her.

I am going to enter this in-

Papertake Weekly - One for the Girls or Mum

Moving Along With The Times # 140 - Special Lady

32 comments:

Mau xx said...

This is beautiful Wendy, I love your pretty colours and the double easel effect is lovely.
Thank you for joing us at MAWTT this week and good luck with your challenges xx
Hugs Mau

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful card, love your pretty quilled flowers x
Wendy x

Vicki said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Butterfly Challenge.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super what a great card, Love the quilling on it, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww this is lovely :-) Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

applejack cards by sue said...

Wow! such attention to detail. This is a wonderful card showing your ability with different paper crafts.

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super card never made an easel card before ... love flutterbyes ... my latest card features them toooo ... just doing a bit of blog hopping happy crafting and love sandy xx

Tina said...

Lovely card Wendy, I like your butterfly and those quilled flowers. Tinaxx

annesyme said...

A beautiful card, Love the quilling. I've not attempted a single easel yet never mind a double, very clever!
Anne x

Dawn said...

Such a pretty card, I love the quiled flowers. x

rosie said...

stunning. how delicate are these flowers x

Chris said...

Beautiful card, not done any quilling for ages now, must find my box up. Chris.xx

Michelle said...

lovely card, I must have a go at qilling it looks very good. xx

CraftyCaron said...

Ohhh i love your your card, especially your quilled flowers.

Hopping from DC...Caron xx

Pami said...

Super card Wendy, I love the quilling, it looks so effective. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Janet - aka stacky said...

absolutely gorgeous he he no seriously it is gorgeous xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely idea for an easel card, like the butterfly topper display the best xx Hopped from DC

Miradormakings said...

Hi Wendy this is a beautiful card i love the colours you have used,I havent tried quiiling yet but it is on my list of to do's

Joan

claire1 said...

double easel card love it

Unknown said...

That butterfly deserves a gorgeous it really is! Congratulations on your win, fan card. Maddy x

Wendy Fraser said...

What a fab card, so much work but well worth it. xx

Heike said...

A fab and beautiful card with great details.
Heike xx

Carolk said...

great card, love the quilling x

MissyG said...

Very pretty quilled flowers and great butterfly
Linda

Anonymous said...

beautiful card love the quilled flowers xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is a lovely card, Wendy. I have never tried quilling but it does produce some beautiful results. thank you for your visit today. I did not realise that Clarity would make stamps for you, but I just asked for their advice and the whole project took off with the results you can see on my blog. I need to talk to my daughter today to see if she wants to go ahead with a suggestion from Sam (Hetticraft) to have more stamps made and sell them for charity. Have a good week out in sunny Spain (we had a great week up in Soria last August). xx Maggie

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Teresa said...

Wow it is gorgeous, I love the shape. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Teresa xx

CropStop said...

Beautiful wings! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

Unknown said...

what a fun way to use paper :D


Carina
CT at Cropstop

kramer_buffy said...

oh love the shape of this card!


Thanks for playing with us @ CropStop's challenge blog.
-- dalis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels