About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 15 September 2019

Not so Happy Sunday

I hope you are all having a good weekend upto now.
Ours has not been too good as we were hit with the worst storms for 100 years on the Costa Blanca.
Horrendous for alot of people and then on Friday the Rio de Segura burst its banks and alot of villages and homes were flooded.
Sadly the kennels, rescue centres and Horse care centre were extremely badly affected.
In our village we have been quite lucky as we are higher up but the river runs along the bottom of the village.
Just drying out now and got lots of towels to wash as the were used to put against the doors and windows.

I have removed the video as it won't play,  sorry .
Here is a photo instead, roads not canals, this is at the side of our block.




**************
We were not able to have my craft club on Friday as Liz and Paul, the owners of the shop, live in one of the badly affected areas and were flooded.
So my challenge carries on for another week.
sketch to follow

My card

Eve


Stay safe

xxxxxx
Wendy L

16 comments:

brenda said...

Sounds awful Wendy, there was some reports on the news but being there must be awful. Tried your video but doesn't want to play for me, it just scrolls through your cards which are lovely.

B x

karenlotty said...

Oh Wendy How awful for you all but pleased to hear you are safe - the video won’t play for me either
I’m sorry I’ve missed a few posts I wish there were more hours in the day to be able to visit all of the blogs I like
Crochet has taken over my life just lately- hee hee!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How dreadful but thank goodness you are safe

Val Jones said...

Hi Wendy. Just heard another part of the bank has burst.
God help the people in its way.x
Love Valx

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
oh my word what awful weather that has left your area so affected.
So glad all is well in your place but my thoughts do go out to everyone affected by this.
Hope everyone is safe.
Love those beautiful designs they are so pretty yours and Vals.
May try to join in this week if I get a chance.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Harrop said...

I have seen the awful videos posted by another friend who has a holiday home. So tragic for those concerned but glad you are safe. Very pretty cards. Christine x

Carol said...

Oh My I am pleased you are safe x Hugs to those who have lots of repairs and rebuilding to do :(

cuilliesocks said...

How awful for everyone affected Wendy, I hope there have been no casualties, and thank goodness you and John are safe. I've seen some footage of it on the UK news. Terrible about the animal shelters though.
Your card is so lovely you take care, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Oh Wendy I am so sorry this has happened. It will take a while for things to get back to normal. Thank goodness you are safe. Your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Gail said...

Glad you and your family are safe, I have seen the awful pictures on the news and Facebook, Hope you get cleaned up soon xx

Mia said...

Oh Wendy, I am glad you are OK, my friend. Climate changes affects the whole planet, my friend. Great card, too. Interesting sketch. Kisses and take care.

Lorraine said...

I'm glad you're OK Wendy. Stay safe
Lorraine x

Littlelamb said...

Hi Wendy. Sorry to hear this but glad you are ok. Lovely card. Take care.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Wendy We've been watching the flooding on TV, and it's so terrible. I'm sorry for all the families and businesses that are sustaining damages, not to mention the infrastructure. Thank you for letting us know you are safe.

Beautiful cards! hugs, de

Furrbster said...

oh dear - I hope there was not too much damage done!!

Lovely card as usual,

Hugz Tinz

Mummylade said...

Must have been awful, hope you are all safe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels