About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Groovi

Good Morning All

Some of you may have seen these cards on Facebook already as I have been using them to advertise my Groovi Workshop that I am doing at my local Craft Shop.
I am trying to clear my files out on my laptop too  as there are some cards in there that I made quite a while ago.


This one I have put Clarity designer paper behind it and the Groovi work is in two layers,
coloured fancy border and plain for the flowers and coloured with watercolours.

This one is just plain whitework matted onto designer paper too.

And this one is very similar to the first on plain orange card.

Have a good day.
***************
A little update on things here.
Almoradi, Algorfa and Dolores andparts of Catral (Where Val C lives), plus now, Las Heredades are now under water as the river burst its banks in another place on Sunday.
There are appeals going out for bottled water, food, furniture, bedding, toiletries etc.
My friend is stuck in Dolores, luckily the house is up afew steps so dry in the house but surrounded by water outside and cant get out of the village.
Yesterday they donned their wellies and went for a walk around to see how bad things were and the Guardia Civil, told them off and to go back home and stay indoors.
They even sent Baguettes around with filling for those that needed food.
Everyone is pulling together in a disaster.
Sady most of the kennels and Horse care places have been really badly affected as they are all out in the country in low lying areas.
We have donated as they need washing machines and food for the animals.
So sad.
But of course some people take advantage and there are reports of peolpe going into homes that have been evacuated and helping themselves.
Only one word for these B*****DS.
We are all keeping our fingers crossed that Val C and Keith are OK as we cannot get contact with them.

xxxx
Wendy L

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy your cards are gorgeous they are just so pretty. Thank you for the update. I hope that the water subsides soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Wendy

Sorry I've been missing, all down to health problems

Beautiful work, I especially love the second one

June x

cuilliesocks said...

Thanks for the update Wendy and it's all so sad and bad enough that folks have their homes wrecked, but the thought of people looted them is totally abhorrent. I feel for the poor animals too, they must be so frightened. I hope the waters recede quickly.
Your cards as ever are quite beautiful, such pretty patterns and colours.
I hope your friends are safe, take care Kate x

Val Jones said...

Lovely Wendy.
So glad to read Val C is now back home and safe.
Love Valx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels