About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 22 September 2019

Happy Sunday

Good Morning All


********
The challenge this week is
To make your own background - Weaving, Inking, Stamping.
I made mine by weaving some narrow strips of leftover card, far too pretty to throw in the bin.
I made a frame with CE Pierced squares and cut the LOTV topper with CE Pierced Ovals.
Added a circle sentiment onto a scalloped circle.

********************
The gifts I gave out on Friday at my Craft Club were Gem Pencils.
I have given these before but I think it is handy to have afew!!!.


**********************************************************
Onto last weeks Sketch challenge.

My card

Eve made 2.


Denise

Nancy

Val J

Claire
And it was Eve's name pulled out so , although she wasn't at club on Friday, she will receive her little gift next week.
*************

Sadly Val C could not participate this time as she and OH and dogs were evacuated on Thursday during the Gota Fria and could not return home for 5 nights.
Luckily, the house was not flooded but they lost their brand new, 2 day old car. so now they have no transport and we have heard that insurance for cars will not pay out as it was an Act of God!!!!!!!!

As you can imagine, there is not a hire card to be had in the area of so much devastation.

*****************
Enjoy your day

Wendy L

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful selection of cards
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mia said...

Lovely collection of cards, Wendy. And these pencils are fabulous.
But I am in love with your first card and your weaving in the background. Kisses, my friend.

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy all the makes in this card is stunning. I have seen some of the devastation in your photos. I don't know what to say. My thoughts are with all those in your area. Take care. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

Great weaving Wendy, makes a good background and lovely cards from everyone again.

B x

Jo said...

Love the woven background......great use of scraps x

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful selection of cards Wendy and as always your gifts for your craft ladies are just lovely, Kate x

karenlotty said...

Some lovely cards Wendy
Good luck (not that you need it) with your Groovi workshop
So sad to hear about your friend Val C At least she’s safe
Take care xx

pam said...

Wonderful cards you have shared Wendy.
Pam x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Wendy. Love the cute image and pretty weaved background
Lorraine x

Littlelamb said...

All lovely cards Wendy.

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Lovely selection of cards Wendy and yours is super cute

June x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels