About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Free Stamps with Magazine

Good Morning All
I will be on my way to the airport when this post goes live, going to visit family.
****
I was lucky to get my hands on the Creative Stamping magazine 57
from Joanna sheen before it sold out.
I thought this would be a great set for all sorts of cards, men included.





I watched Maria and Barbara from Clarity on TV  and they blend the inks with large brushes to make a background.
The nearest thing I had was an old blusher brush.


Not too bad for a first attempt.








I used various Izinkz.






I decided to test nearly all the stamps by making a set of cards to go in a box for the Dog Rescue charity to have for a raffle prize.

I kept all the cards flat, without embellishments, very difficult to do!!!!!!









Then made a box from some sturdy card.




Stamped some more images for the front.






Added some nice ribbon to keep closed.

With a scrap of grosgrain ribbon grass pattern.
xxxx
Wendy L

14 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

OMG Wendy … loving all your cards … well done … I did see these stamps recently but didn't get them !! … now I am kicking myself now I have seen what you have done with them … might have to seek them out lol … hope you have a great day … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy these cards are stunning that is a magnificent set of stamps. Have a safe journey. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Val Jones said...

Wow Wendy these are lovely. Needless to say I haven't used my stamps yet.
Have a safe flight and a lovely holiday.
Love Valx

Alison59 said...

WOW, fabulous cards Wendy :-)

Janice said...

Hi Wendy, you have been busy!! A great collection of cards. Have a safe journey and have fun with the family. Janice x http://crearedbyjan.blogspot.com

Gwyneth said...

A great colkection of cards. Your box for them looks great as well.
GG

pam said...

Fantastic card selection Wendy.
Pam x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! absolutely fabulous set of cards, love your designs and box, makes a brilliant gift.
I've got the stamps, yet to ink them up, Kate x

karenlotty said...

OMG and WOW! What a fabulous set of stamps and you’ve made some lovely cards - a lovely raffle prize
Enjoy your trip to your mum’s
BTW loved your Groovi stuff too

ALI said...

Great cards Wendy, I've just made a Giraffe one.

susiestacey said...

You have been very busy Wendy - lovely cards x Susan x

Littlelamb said...

Love all those cards Wendy. Thank you. Enjoy your stay in UK.

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS stamp set Wendy and love them all but got to go for the Koala...xx[aussie aNNie blog]

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

WOW, busy lady Wendy. Such great cards, I've not had the time to use these stamps yet!

June x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels