About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 24 July 2017

Paper Handbag for my Swap and Fiesta

Good Morning All
I have been talking about the swap I am organising for a group on Facebook, well here is some Paper Handbags I have made, two of which will be used for the swaps and the rest I shall fill with goodies of some description for my stall at the Christmas Fayre in November.
I enjoyed making these once I had made the first one, I ended up making 10 !!!!!!!
Plus 4 more for my crafty friend Val J who raises money for cat care.






Before they were decorated.









                                                                        Front of one
 Back

Front

The white grosgrain ribbon flower and bow are available on my selling page at top of my blog.





A great way of using the larger ribbon flowers I make
and some of the yards and yards of lace I own too!!!!!!
Added charms to some of them.
I thoroughly enjoyed making these and will enjoy filling them with goodies to sell at craft Fayre and if they dont sell I shall give them as gifts at Christmas.
I always give everyone on our block a little box with chocs in along with their Christmas card.
******
I have decided to donate this fabric book that I was selling on my Facebook Page to an auction that Post pals are having HERE.
They want craft items to auction so if anyone would like to help, please do.
*******
On Saturday it was the last night of a fortnight of Fiesta in our village.
It culminates in a grand parade at night along the main street after they have collected all the Fiesta Queens from their houses accompanied with the band.
They walk up to the top of the village near  where we live, then the parades commences back down the street.


Amazing gowns they all wear.


And back now.












It was that warm that this poor girls body makeup was running.






The Queens got a ride on the way back!!!



We have some friends that have a car business on the main street so we had ring side seats for the parade and took the cool box filled with Errrrrrr wine and beer!!!!
Well the parade does take about two and half hours.!!!!
*******
Have a nice day.

Wendy L

17 comments:

Valerija said...

You have endless talent. This is beautiful. And I love your photos too.
Valerija xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and colourful post Wendy, I can see you enjoyed making these little bags.xx [aNNie]

Anonymous said...

Wow these bags are so beautiful ! They are fab. Looks like the parade was good fun. Hope you had a great weekend xx

Alison59 said...

You have been busy Wendy; your bags are fabulous :-)

Great photos; looks like all had a fun time x

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy they are stunning you have been very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

susiestacey said...

The bags are so pretty Wendy. Great photos too, l like a good parade and l like the sound of your cool box even better lol x Susan x

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
those bags are so pretty and wonderfully created.
I recognize the papers used.
Such lovely and varied designs too.
Great photos of the parade.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Wonderful gift bags you have made Wendy, great photos of the parade.
Pam x

Lorraine said...

The gift bags look fabulous and I the parade looks like a good fun night too
Lorraine x

Nancy Thomas said...

WOW Wendy these are fabulous.
It's not what you know, it's who you know, lucky you!!
love Nancy x

Val Jones said...

Love all your bags and my four are very much appreciated.
Great photos. Such a fun night.
Love Valxxx

Unknown said...

The bags are so cute Wendy, love them

June x

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh your little bags are so beautiful, gorgeous embellishments.
Looks like a brilliant fun night, great photos, Kate x

Mummylade said...

Amazing, both the bags and the photos!

Littlelamb said...

Love all the bags Wendy. Thanks for sharing. Thank you also for the photos of the parade.

nancyd said...

The bags look great and fabulous photos. Xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Good job you said it was body paint. I thought she'd got caught short lol!
Love the bags. Very stylish and will make lovely gifts.
Looks like a lot of fun at the fiesta.
Ang x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels