About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Watercolour card and Happy Birthdays

Good Morning All

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Nothing new here really but I believe you in the UK are all hearing horror stories about us in Spain with the virus.
I,m not one to spout off about politics but this really annoys me, Boris enforcing 14 day quarantine for people travelling back from Spain.
We have our face mask wearing enforced, unlike UK.
We have nowhere near as many cases as UK.
I could go on for ages but I wont.
****

Firstly let me wish my younger son a Big Happy Birthday.
And it is Hollies on Friday.
Missing these guys so much and goodness knows when I will see them again




****************************
Back to crafting 
Another water colour card today.
Very quick and easy and fairly CAS

Very hot here so taking alot of my crafting into the living room where it is cooler as we have a ceiling fan in there and when the wind drops, we put the AC on, sod the leccy bill, better to be comfortable!!!
Making lots of embellishments which will be shown at a later date.

Keep well all

xxxx
Wendy L

12 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy what lovely photos you have shared. You must miss them so much. The card you have made is gorgeous. I am enjoying the water colour with Barbara this week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Wendy, love your water colouring.
I hope you get the chance to see your family soon.
Lorraine x

Alison59 said...

What a lovely family photo.
Super CAS card Wendy :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Lovely family photo so sorry you are not able to visit right nowlets ope it won't be too long.
Fabulous card Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

MRS DUCK said...

Lovely photos Wooster.
Can't believe how big the girls have got. Hopefully, it wont be too long before you can see them again.
I think its daft not to at least exclude the islands from this quarantine and feel for the folk already out their on their hols who have now got to explain to employers why the will need to have another 2 weeks off!!!
Love the card as well.
Ang x

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is lovely x

Great photos of your family.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot/co/uk

Val Jones said...

Lovely photos Wendy. Girls growing so much.
Love the water colour card.x

brenda said...

Ditto to all Wendy?

B x

Christine said...

Lovely family photos, little ones growing sooo fast. Pretty card, very delicate.
Very sad news for us as our eldest daughter, who has worked all through this as has her husband, were supposed to be in Furengola at the weekend and now can't go. Her husband's company won't pay for the quarantine time so if they don't go they lose their money but if they go....they lose two weeks money!!! Daft I call it, they were really looking forward to the break. Such is life though. Strange times we're living in

Donna Ellis said...

Such fun family photos! Wendy, I really REALLY love your "simple" card. It's a work of art! I'm not in Spain or the UK, but here in the US, we just wish everyone would be respectful and wear a mask when out and about. We DO have very hot extremes during the summer here, and I know it's hard for some people to wear masks, but most people can. I live in hot, humid Florida and we are a hot spot. Such a shame. A simple mask and hand washing could prevent so much hardship and dread. Honestly, I believe the "mask issue" is actually an issue because it is an election year in the US. If the pandemic had occurred last year or next year, everyone in the US would be treating it scientifically rather than politically. I'm grateful you are doing safe and healthy, Wendy. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

cuilliesocks said...

What lovely photos of your family Wendy, and the little ones are fairly growing. Lovely card too.
It's a great pity for Spain, and people in Spain are more likely to catch the virus from English holiday makers... I say English as there are more spikes in England. I get angry that that awful man opened far too quickly and pushed people to go abroad, regardless of the state of the virus, he has much to answer for in my opinion, you keep safe, Kate x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Wendy and photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels