About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 9 August 2012

Green Christmas

Good Afternoon All
My, it is hot here and getting hotter for the weekend , 40 and above.

So, just the right time to think about more Christmas cards , LOL.



This style is quite easy to make
2 pieces of A5 size card - score 1 in half and the other into quarter intervals
Cut an aperture in the 2nd piece, any shape you desire
Decide on an image to dangle in aperture and make sure it will swing around freely on jump rings
Stick paper to first half before glueing 2 pieces together on 1st and 4th quarter
Bling up/decorate to your hearts desire!!!!

Mine is quite plain as it will be posted to UK, but I think you could colour 2 images and stick together for centre and put loads of flowers, gems, pearls, bows, ribbons etc etc.
I will definately be making more of this style both for Christmas and other occasions too.  Being A5 size, the aperture could be cut using my Cuttlebug and that would give it alot fancier design.
xxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES ----------------
Tuesday Throwdown # 110 - Moving
My Mums Craft Shop # 69 - Christmas in August
Card Crafters Circle # 34 - Bend Me Shape Me
Paperplay Challenge # 32 - Shaped Card
2 Sisters # 103 - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Christmas Just around the Corner
 


15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant Christmas card Hugs Ginny ♥

Sue said...

fabulous card Wendy, I love the design
Poor you , I don't envy you in that heat!

Sue

Joey said...

Great card Wendy, love the fold, thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Hi Wendy
Firstly thank you for your message on my blog re my grandson x
Your card is lovely such a brilliant design xx
Keep cool x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card wendy ... yes its been a real scorcher here today too ... but mustn't moan ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

ChrisAndCat said...

Fab card, love the hanging bauble.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wendy, you are so creative! I see you've been busy! Thank you for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle, again :)!

WendyP said...

from one Wendy to the other - your card looks great - thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining in on the at TT.
Bern,DT

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Great Christmas card. Love the design and bauble. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck, Hugs, Jill x

pam said...

hi wendy, fabulous xmas card..glad it`s not that hot here..pam

Hazel said...

Love the fold and the hanging bauble - delightful card - thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown 'on the move challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

suzARTe said...

such a lovely Christmas card, love the way its been folded and the traditional Christmas colours look fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner,Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

Great card! I love that design. Thanks for joining our On the Move challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L.

Kelly said...

Lovely! Thank you for playing along at My Mum's Craft Shop this week

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels