About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Johns Birthday and a gift for me

 Good Morning All


It was Johns birthday last week and this is the card I made for him

LOTV topper of a cute footy player as he is footy mad and his team is Liverpool, hence the red background.

I used two pieces of scrap card and hid the join with  hemp ribbon.

I added his name with peeloffs.


I little while ago I treated myself to some lovely Chunky wool from the craft shop as I wanted to make a pocket shawl for winter.
Here it is all finished.



So pleased with the end result and Liz from the craft shop loved it too and asked to make her one, which I did last weekend.
We had a binge TV day last Sunday and I crocheted most of it then and finished in the week, she was so happy with it.
This is it.


And now one of my Craft Club ladies has asked me to make her one too.
Busy busy busy. 

This guy was perched on our garage wall, he has been there for about 4 days.
Is it a grasshopper?
it is about 4 inches long.


xxxx
Wendy L



11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love the gorgeous design and awesome result. x
[interesting photos and love the gorgeous craft]

Doreen said...

Love all your gorgeous creations.xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy the card and your crochet creations are gorgeous. What a great way to use you time while watching telly. What a big grasshopper. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Val Jones said...

Johns Liverpool card is great and all your crocheting, beautiful.
Never seen a creature like that. Yuk.x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Your card and crochet makes are wonderful not so sure about the grasshopper Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

I wouldn't like to say what that fellow is Wendy but he doesn't look to appealing.

A perfect card for John, I imagine he's as worried as us about the mounting injury problems.

B x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card for John and love the pocket shawls. Brilliant idea. Can I ask what size it is please? Not seen anything like that. Not surprised you have had orders. Wouldn’t be surprised if you have more.

Alison59 said...

Lovely card and two super shawls Wendy; no idea what the insect is?

cuilliesocks said...

Oh he's a nasty looking beastie Wendy, I'd freak out if he was in my home.
Your card for John is fabulous, that little guy is one of my favourites from LOTV.
What wonderful shawls, your crochet work is amazing, Kate x

Jenny L said...

hi Wendy,
what a brilliant card for a brilliant person and that image is such a super one and so sweet.
I could just see John as that little boy too.
I do hope he had a wonderful Birthday even in these uncertain times as he is such a lovely person.
You shawls look stunning and very warm no wonder you are getting orders.
My your beastie looks nasty I would freak out if that was near me but saying that one year many moons ago hubby and I were on a boating holiday near Cambridge.
We decided to have a picnic not far from the boat and I had a green blouse on with like brown branches as a pattern to it.
Suddenly I felt a tickle on my arm and looked to see what it was well it was the most beautiful colured beatle and he was quite large too I was just mesmerised so hubby caught it gently and put it under a tree a few minutes later it was back on my arm again.
Hubby couldn't believe how I didn't freak out and knock it off my arm as I have been known to do a Indian Dance or two if a spider gets on me. lol.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous card, adorable image. Such a beautiful shawl Wendy, love the pattern. I am not surprised you have been asked to make more. That is a big grasshopper xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels