About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 5 October 2019

Ribbon for Allsorts

Good Morning All

It is my turn to host Allsorts Challenge this week and I have chosen
Ribbons
I had a bundle of narrow ribbon so I thought I would weave them to make a background.
I have kept the toppers to a minimum to show it off.
I wouldn't like to tell you how long it took me to do the weaving, absolutely ages!!!!
But worth it I think.
I am going to send this to my Mum for her birthday next month as it is so pretty.

I would also like to show this wall hanging that Dawn, from my Craft Club was making last week.
Her hubby made the frame for her to weave Ribbon and Wool to make this pretty Home decor item.
She used some lovely glittery wide ribbon.
Isn't it a good idea?

Our sponsor this week is Crafty Ribbons giving this lovely bundle of spotty Ribbon.
Dont forget Crafty Ribbons are having a Unicorn week to launch their new ribbons.
See my post from Tuesday for details of how to win a Ribbon Bundle.


xxxx
Wendy L

15 comments:

Val Jones said...

Wow Wendy that weaving is amazing and I can imagine it took a long time to do.
Dawn's project is brilliant, so colourful.
Love Valx

Jackie T said...

Wow Wendy your card is stunning. I love that background. I have lots of those thin ribbons now I know what to do with them. The weaving is fab too. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jo said...

Oh my, that must have taken you ages......but so worth it Wendy, it's so beautiful & your Mum is sure to treasure it! x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wow stunning ♥ ♥ Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

You chose a really perfect colour combo of ribbons for your weaving Wendy as it works really well.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Oh my word this must have taken forever Wendy!! But so worth it. It is really fabulous and I'm sure your mum will be delighted! Christine x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Wendy what a wonderful card, I love your ribbon weaving, it's a brilliant design.
Dawn's woven wall hanging looks fabulous, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Wendy, the background weaving looks gorgeous.
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

It certainly was worth it Wendy, it looks really fabulous and the photo really shows how it shines. Lovely image and sentiment too.

Kath x

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful card Wendy and brilliant background x

Littlelamb said...

This is beautiful Wendy and I am sure your mum will love it. Love Dawn’s weaving as well.

Ellibelle said...

What a fabulous way to use ribbon! Love your creations! How nice of your friends hubby to make that frame for her to use!

Mervi said...

Fabulous card using ribbons on background, stunning;-))m

Linby said...

Your weaving looks amazing - I bet your Mum will love it so much.

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful woven ribbon background Wendy, I love the colour combo too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels