About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Dried up Gilding Polish & Johns Crackers

Good Morning All

John (JND) launched his new faceted cracker die last week and wow, what a cracker it was.
Well I dont have it but I do have the one he released last year.
On Sunday I cut 22 of them ----Phewwwwww
and made them up, filled them with ????? (cant tell you) and decorated them with Johns Poinsettias from last year too.



I did buy the green glitter card for these but OMG was it a chore getting that to cut, so went with some 12 x 12 card I bought from Hobbycraft while I was visiting mums last week.
I think it was because the card is coated so does not die cut very well, so will use it for mats on my cards.
******
The poinsettias were made a couple of weeks ago at my Craft club.
I had been watching John on Hochanda when he launched the Mica Magic, as I dont have it I thought I would use my Mica Paints.
So I coloured afew A4 sheets with them and then stamped and cut out the poinsettias.

Then I thought about the Gilding Polish pots I had when I helped John out at Creative Expressions at Ally Pally afew years ago.
Well afew, infact, all but two had dried out, but as you know I hate throwing anything away, and as they are water based, I spritzed to revitalise them.

As the painting of the paper does not have to be perfect when you are die cutting, so I went to town and painted quite afew A4 sheets.

Look at the lovely sheen on them

 It doesnt matter that there are streaks on some, you dont see it when they are die cut.



I may also use some of these for matting my parchment work on.

So if you have any dried up pots of Gilding Polish, get going with a water spritzer and make some backing papers.

As a result of making all these at my Craft club, a couple of ladies asked me to order Johns Poinsettia stamps and dies for them and, Friday, asked me to order the Mica Magic, which I am interested to see myself.

xxxxx
Wendy L


16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

These are so beautiful love them
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy these crackers are stunning. I wonder what you have put in them. Thanks for the tip about the gilding polish. They do dry out quickly. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Doreen said...

Beautiful crackers.xxx

Val Jones said...

Beautiful Wendy.
Must route out my old gilding polish.
Love Valx

Jeni Mc said...

These crackers are fantastic and I love the shades that you have used , What a beautiful part of the Christmas table they will be .The ideas for papers are good too and it reminds me to spritz my pots that have dried up too . Jx

Linny said...

What beautiful papers. The flowers look amazing, as do the crackers, I have only just started to buy Johns dies, so have lots of inspiration to look at. xx

cuilliesocks said...

You've made gorgeous papers Wendy and the crackers are amazing and so beautifully embellished, love them,Kate x x

Steph Cotterill said...

I love your crackers. I'm so pleased I picked this up and followed your blog, I have 3 small pots of guilding wax that are as dry as can be (I've not used them for years) any tips for resuscitating these little pots of shining beauty?

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

WOW Wendy, fabulous crackers and beautiful flowers. I must remember to spritz my gilding polishes too!

June x

pam said...

Fabulous crackers Wendy.
Pam x

Littlelamb said...

These are gorgeous Wendy. Love the crackers and especially the Ponsettias. The colours are beautiful.

Donna Ellis said...

These are just beautiful, Wendy! Looks like you thoroughly enjoyed customizing each cracker with those gorgeous papers you created! Thanks for the tutorial! hugs, de

brenda said...

Fabulous crackers Wendy, apols for the lack of visits, reality of life has taken over last few weeks.

B x

Rita said...

Fabulous selection of crackers Wendy. Lots of my gilding waxes and polish went the same way, some even before I used them. Hugs Rita xxx

Furrbster said...

Fabulous backing papers! And they make brilliant poinsettias too.

Lovely crackers,

Hugz Tinz

Christine Harrop said...

Didn't get chance to tune in yesterday because our internet was off most of the day. Love your crackers. I have 50 to die cut ready for our WI ladies to make up at our December meeting. I am now off to revitalise my gilding polishes! I also have a Starlight Wax which is also water based so I'll have a bash with that too. Cannot use it now so what have I got to lose?. Christine x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels