About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 18 February 2022

'I Love'

 Good Morning All


This  post would normally have been for Allsorts Challenge tomorrow but I have decided  to step away from the Design Team after spending last weekend worrying because I had cocked up the winners post on Friday

Then I had a good talk to myself and thought WHY, it's a blog for goodness sake and I had got myself really upset about it.  Then I told myself to get over it and move on so here we are.  I'm a worrier, always have been and always will be I suppose, I wish I could change but I cant.

So this is the remainder of what would have been my post for Allsorts.


There are many things in the crafting world I love but I think the one one I love most is Groovi grid work and here are two cards doing just that.

The image is from Clarity  and I didn't colour it , just a little bit of white embossing on her hair and the petals.

I use all my left over bits of parchment to punch flowers and butterflies.


Using the grids do take some work and I made a couple of mistakes on this one, hence the flowers in two corners!!


I save these cards for my family and crafters as they take so much time but give me so much pleasure.



xxxx
Wendy L






11 comments:

brenda said...

These are both lovely cards Wendy, you know how much I admire your parchment work. You also know I am sorry to see you leave Allsorts after so many years, I could a have picked up your posts for you to save the worry.

B x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful cards Wendy and really sorry you have left the Allsorts DT
Hugs
Pauline xx

Linby said...

Beautiful work Wendy. So sorry you left the DT - mistakes happen, no need to worry. We will miss you.
Lynn x

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy your cards are gorgeous. I have stepped away from most design teams and I don't enter challenges anymore. We don't need the extra stress. Take care. Hugs Jackie

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two wonderful cards Wendy.
Ginny♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Ellibelle said...

I too am sorry that you have left the team, Wendy. It's understandable that you were frustrated and upset, but my thinking is that it's mainly the entrant's responsibility to ensure they have followed our rules and all we can do is try to do our best as DT members. We're human and occasionally do make mistakes, each one of us.

Your cards are gorgeous, such stunning groovi work with the parchment papers. And the image on the first one is so cute!!

Mervi said...

So sorry you leave the team, you'll be missed, especially the cards like that;-))m

Jenny L said...

Hi Wendy,
so sorry to hear you have left Allsorts challenge.
Mistakes happen and I am so sure people will understand after all we are not perfect any of us.
Love your excelent work on these superb parchment designs.
They look really stunning and I know the amount of work parchment takes as I have tried it and was no good at it.
I agree only a crafty person would understand the work involved in creating these designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarn said...

Hi Wendy

Your parchment cards are wonderful.

I agree with all the Allsorts DT comments above. It's a shame you left.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Wendy, sorry you have decided to step down, but why stress yourself out, mistakes are there to be made. But I understand a worrier, I'm like that, and I loose confidence, which made me step away from my role in the Choral Society, my problem wasn't that I had made a mistake it was more that I felt that I would...totally unreasonable, but got myself in a real funk about it. Try not to think about it anymore, be a peace with your decision and move on.
As for today's cards they are absolutely stunning, I love your parchment work, and the first card is amazing with such a wonderful image, Kate x

LesleyG said...

Beautiful cards Wendy, they will be treasured I’m sure. I don’t know what happened, but I’m sad for you, I’m a worrier too, and sometimes we need to de stress, so be kind to yourself xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels