About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 2 August 2020

Say It With Flowers for Penny Black & Challenge

Good Morning All

As part of Allsorts Design Team we can Guest  at Penny Black Challenge blog HERE.
The them for August is

Say It With Flowers.

I used PB3822K Trumpet Vase and made two cards.
This first one was made a while ago when I was playing with water colour paints.
I simply painted different colours and stamped the image over the top - simples.
The charm is one I made, attached with twine and seam binding.

I used the same backing paper and used one of JND tags, played with Mica Magics and stamped the image on top.
Added afew flowers punched from left over scraps of parchment,  half a doily and some homemade sentiments.

****************************
Now onto my normal Sunday post for Craft Club Challenge.
Instead of a sketch or Tic Tac To, I gave the ladies 1/2 mtr of ribbon each from Crafty Ribbons

I want them each to make a Christmas card or something else using the Christmas ribbon I gave them.
Here is mine, a twist pop up card using a tutorial by Gi Kerr on You Tube.
I used the cute Penguin vertical ribbon, LOTV topper.

A Bellyband with a little tag pinned to it.

This is the back and I used a cut off from this paper for the bellyband.



This is the card all opened up.

It was quite easy to make too.

Crafty Ribbons are doing a SELECTION BOX

Montly Selection Box

Only available during the month they are launched.

August theme is Holiday

Monthly Selection box

****************************
I gave these gifts out on Friday.
Tic Tacs strawberry flavour

The challenge I set them last week was a Mans card Sketch.
We have had this sketch before.

My Card

Denise

Dawn

Eve

Nancy

Nancy 2

Claire

Maggie

Sharon

Val C

The name drawn was Claire so she received a little gift.
Well done to all

xxxxx
Wendy L

10 comments:

brenda said...

Great use of the Trumpet Vase stamp Wendy and love you colour choice on the first, thanks for being our GDT again.

Lots of super work from your group again.

B x

karenlotty said...

Some great makes WENDY
It should have been my son’s birthday on 28th Aren’t the girls growing up!
I have never liked Boris - enough said!

Alison59 said...

What fantastic makes Wendy and lovely cards from your ladies too :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous selections today Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy all the cards in this post are gorgeous. That ribbon you gave out is stunning. I love the little boxes too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

pam said...

Stunning selection of cards on your post Wendy
Pam x

Kathleen said...

Not seen that image before and I really like the way you have used it, two really super creations. A really great collection ofChristmas cards too with really lovelyribbons.

Kath x

Linby said...

Love how different the PB looks on each of your cards. The first one with the bands of colour is just supberb.
I have a twist and pop card on my "to do list" for months now, one day! Yours looks great.

cuilliesocks said...

Your first two cards are gorgeous Wendy, beautifully designed and coloured. It's a post filled with beautiful makes, Kate x x

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous selection of cards in this post Wendy. Take care

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels