About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 29 November 2018

Johns leftover

Good Morning All

Thank you for all your good wishes.
I am feeling much better and just get snuffly during the night now.
********
When I was visiting   John (JND ) I helped him unload the car after demoing and doing workshops.
He lives on the second floor so much help was appreciated!!!
We had a good sort out, emptying boxes and crates and he generously passes some bits my way!!

Well this frame was one, I think it is one of his Gerbera Frame Dies
I added some paper from Joanna Sheen
CE Happy Birthday Sentiment die cut
Parchment butterfly and dragonfly
Lots of Pearls

**************
Also, when I was back there, my son Ricky took to to the Dudley Living Museum.
What a fab day out and the bonus was they were filming Peaky Blinders and we were able to watch them film a scene. Very far away though but very interesting.

A great day out if anyone goes.
Rick went in the summer with Lorien and the kids.
He explained to me that some of the building have been relocated here from other parts of the country, brick by brick.
There are shops, a fair ground, a blacksmiths, a chain makers, a chippy where the food is cooked in good old fashioned dripping (the fish and chips were yummy) etc. etc.


                            This is the bakery and the sweet chop both selling yummy goods.



Rick captured this pick of Tommy and Arthur Shelby

*********************
I was so glad to get this fella back last week.
We could not collect him on the Monday after I got home  as planned as the roads were flooded and we couldn't get through to San Miguel, so we got him back on Tuesday morning and he soon made himself at home again, just like he had never been away.


xxxxxx
Wendy L

8 comments:

Val Jones said...

Hi Wendy,
Glad your feeling better. Lovely card. Love that die.
Great photos. Looks a lovely place. I'm a bit fan of Peaky Blinders so very impressed.
Rico certainly looks comfy.
See you tomorrow.
Love Valx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post and photos Wendy, gorgeous card and cute doggie.
Yes it is our summer here but we do get a lot of rain this time of year but unusually more than normal...not cold..xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy this is a stunning card. It is amazing what can be made with leftovers. I bet John was glad of all that help with the carrying. Your day out looks amazing. If we are ever up that way we will check it out. I am so pleased you are feeling better. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Wendy, your card is stunning, it's such a pretty frame and those parchment butterflies are gorgeous.
I love Peaky Blinders, and glad to hear that they are doing more, I thought the last series was the last. Great fan of Cillian Murphy.
Rico is so comfy looking, bet he missed you and glad your home, Kate x

pam said...

Beautiful card Wendy, glad to hear your feeling better.
Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Wendy. Thank you. Glad you are feeling better. The Dudley Living Museum looks interesting. There i# a similar thing in Wales near Cardiff and it’s very interesting.

karenlotty said...

I hope you’re well on the mend
I have this die and have used it a lot with patterned paper and PP’d paper etc
That museum looked interesting Somewhere I must visit

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Hi Wendy, such a beautiful card. I live about a ten minute walk away from the Dudley living museum. Have visited quite a few times and it's like stepping back in time! My family and I went to their 1940's weekend; which was fab! almost everyone was dressed in vintage clothing! Hugs Zowie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels