About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 23 December 2016

Box of Flowers

Good Morning All
I have posted before about a Swap Group I am in on Facebook, well this is another make for a swap.
The theme was Flowers in a Box - Alter, or make a box and fill with at least 6 handmade flowers.
The lady I swapped with has received this so I can show it on here.
I bought a box from the  China store for, I think, 1 euro as the corner was abit squashed, which I wasn't bothered about as I was decorating it anyway.
It had a lovely pic of  a baby peeping from under a blanket which I thought was too cute to cover.
So I painted around it with chalk paint. and thought I could do a roll back of paper around so that the baby was still showing.


The inside  had a lovely pink gingham in it so I just added lace along the top edges.


Then I found a small, cute image of a baby and used the same roll back technique as the top.



LOTV paper on the sides and lid,
all edges distressed and inked.


This gorgeous lace  around the lid with pearl trim.
I had to leave a gap to show the pic of baby and filled the gap with 'Too Cute'





This is the lid once finished


And I did add more than 6 flowers but I love making them so that's not a problem.
I always add afew extras with my swaps as the other ladies do.


****************
I had an email last week from the lovely Gail who was on my design team for MAWTT.
She is in Spain for afew months and guess where she is staying!!!!
The next town to me, so we met up on Wednesday and had a great chat, she is a lovely lady.
And she gave me a load of LOTV toppers, so kind, Thank you.
She is going to come to one of the craft meets in January.
*******
Later that day John and I went for a walk in Guadamar, the waves were  higher than usual too and we could see the damage the 2 days of torrential rain at the weekend had done on the beach.
The rain must have rushed down the side streets onto the promenade, then straight off onto the beach making rivers into the sea.
Here is a palm tree that was uprooted.


It was a beautiful day, clear blue sky and quite warm too.

***************

We are going to Benidorm for afew days, which we have done before but this time we are trying a different hotel.
See you on the 27th.
Have a great Christmas.
xxxxxx
Wendy L

13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous project love the photos Merry Christmas Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Planetsusie said...

Oh wow Wendy! I think your decorated box of flowers is absolutely striking! The pic of the baby peeping through the rolled back paper is just perfect. I think your 'swap-mate' would have been totally chuffed to bits to receive this. Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

brenda said...

Such a pretty altered box Wendy and lovely photos as well and how nice you can have a crafty meet up with a friend from the UK.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi Wendy this is a stunning project I love how you have decorated the the box. Enjoy your days away. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alison59 said...

WOW fabby box; you are so clever :-)

Val Jones said...

Lovely box Wendy. Y. Have a great time in Benidorm and I'll email over Christmas.
Love Valxx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful box Wendy, the baby photos are so sweet, Kate x

Sue said...

This is so beautiful.
Wishing you a Happy Christmas.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, hope you have a wonderful break and great Christmas xx

pam said...

Beautiful decorated box Wendy, adorable image you have framed, love the lace.
Have a lovely break..Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
Pam x

Nancy Thomas said...

This is lovely Wendy.
Couldn't view your other post for Allsorts. Strange message on.
Nancy x

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful box and flowers Wendy. Thank you for showing us. Have a lovely Christmas and enjoy your few days away.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Beautiful box and such a cute image, no wonder you didn't want to cover it.
We have friends in Calahonda near Marbella who said last week, they'd had 3 months rain in 36 hours and a lot of Marbella was flooded.
Hope youare having fun in Benidorm ...... hopefully you're not staying at the Solano lol!
Ang x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels