About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 19 December 2016

Altered Photo Album

Good Morning All

I saw this Simpsons photo album in the local charity shop and thought it was just begging to be altered.
This is a pic of the items I bought that day for about 3 euros.
I will show you the rest when I have done them.
I used the cloth with the pink flower on for this project too.




I gave it a quick coat of chalk paint just to hide some of the print because I was not sure how much of it would show through the fabric.




Inside the front and back covers.
I added a piece of pink felt to cover the fabric turn ins from the front.  
The lace is part of a tray cloth.
Edged with pleated lace around the edges and tiny crochet doily in the corners with a pearl centre.




This is the cloth in the first pic that I used on the spine of the book.


I covered the book with wadding and fabric from a duvet cover, then topped with a piece of lace  tablecloth.

This is the back.
Crochet doily and a lace flower in centre.

All edged with pink and white gathered lace trim.




A beautiful satin flower made in the same way as my 
Twisted Flower Tutorial at top of my blog.



Another handmade flower with lace centre
Two stick pins added.











And finally, the front.
Lots of bits used on this. The dark pink bits are from a scarf. 
 I added glass beads to the cut offs from the seam.
Some lace under the edge of the picture are scraps from the tablecloth


I am super pleased with this.
And hope you all like it.
But, most importantly, I thoroughly enjoyed doing it.
Now I just have to sell it!!!!
Just 25 euro to cover P&P from here in Spain, as I think it will be over 500gms

xxxx
Wendy L



12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Well done fantastic project Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

A great share today Wendy and super re-cycling.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful work Wendy, the lace is gorgeous and your lovely stick pins are there again, Kate x 0

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic Wendy x

aussie aNNie said...

I am just so loving this Wendy. So much goes into your work, and I look at it often. I tried to make a twisted flower from your tutorial but got all twisted up myself so will try again tomorrow with different ribbon...hugs.xx{aNNie}

Alison59 said...

Oh Wendy this is amazing; well done :-)

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Wendy this is amazing. Who would have guessed that you could make something that beautiful with that album. Take care. Hugs Jackie

pam said...

Gorgeous work Wendy, beautiful keepsake for someone.
Pam x

karenlotty said...

Oh What a beauty I hadn't realised I had missed so many of your posts Your swap tags are lovely I loved your Stick pin book and this altered book is just so pretty

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous.
Nancy x

Littlelamb said...

This is beautiful Wendy. You are so clever. Thank you for sharing this with us.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Sorry, I appear to have missed this. My, you have put some work into this. Who would have thought a Simpson's photo album could look so good.
Hope you've had a lovely day.
Ang x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels