Once you have cut them out from good weight card. I used at least a 270g one. You can use as many pieces of the flower as you wish, I used 2 green and 3 red. Spritz well with water and leave to soak in.
This is the hard bit to explain -- Fold one petal over a wide tool or pencil, I used a glitter glue pen, hold the leaf over it with thumb and forefinger (you have to sort of prop the pen against your tummy so that you can use both hands) and the other hand put thumb and forefinger on edges of leaf and squish together so that it creases up, length ways, from centre to tip.
This is when, if you have used a card that is too thin, it may tear, but it does not matter if they tear abit, flowers are not perfect!!!
Leave to dry. Mine dried very quickly as I had the fan on. This is how they look when dried.
Please excuse the state of my embossing mat, it is covered with bits of glue as I use it all the time for flower making.
Then you need a large ball tool and an embossing mat or a mouse pad. On the reverse of each petal, in small circular movement, rub over all the petal, do this on all petals on each flower, this breaks down the fibres in the card.
Then turn to right side facing up and rub in the centre so the petals start to curl up.
The one on the left has not been rubbed, you can see the difference to the one on the right which has.
Then proceed to glue together,
off setting each petal to the one underneath.
Each die set will have different centres,
I rubbed mine with ball tool to make it curl, stuck in centre and added gold Stickles.
Olly let us take any spare pieces of flowers so I took these Tim Holtz Tattered Florals. These have been spritzed and squished and below shows the flower I made with them.
Tomorrow I will post some cards that I have made with the flowers from the class.